Problems getting 53E with HH100 motor

tsga23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GbSat plus motorised 1 M dish.
My Location
Dorset, England
I have had a motorised setup for over 3 years but I could only see from 28E to 30W due to the dish position.

My installer has resited the dish because I want to get to 53E to pick up the Russian / Ukrainian stations. I can now receive ok from 45E to beyond 30W. However, I cannot quite get 53E most of the time. Sometimes the motor will just about get there with USALS but I cannot move the motor any further East.

I am using an HH100 motor, a 1 meter dish and a GBSAT 2CI0 receiver.

It seems like there is a limit set at about 55E. I am located at 1.8W.

I have looked at the HH100 manual on the Internet and it says that it should go from 65E to 65W. My installer has contacted the wholesalers and they say that the HH100 manual is wrong and that the motor only goes from approx 50E to 50W. They say that I need a different motor.

Am I being given the correct info from my installer?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I guess that you need to try moving the dish using standard DiseqC 1.2 and see if it will nudge a little further.

What make is the motor?

tsga23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GbSat plus motorised 1 M dish.
My Location
Dorset, England
Thanks for the quick reply rolfw.

On the receiver, if I change the setting for 53E from USALS to motor and then go to "adjust motor" it won't go any further east.

If I select DiseqC it gives options of A, B, C or D (from memory). I am not at home at the moment.

I thought the make of the motor was HH100. Will the make be stamped on the motor? When I was sold the system over 3 years ago, the invoice said HH100 motor.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Where it gives you the option of USALs or Motor, the standard choice is actually DiseqC. :)