Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
:confused :confused

I've just bought a new laptop. An acer 5101awlmi and I am pretty pleased with it. I have set the regional language to UK English - trouble is that when I use the snail symbol I get the " symbol instead. I have come across this problem before when using a PC abroad in an internet cafe. Can someone tell me what combination of keystrokes I need to use to get it? It shows up as an asterisk on this page and in the title which is even more confusing.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Change the keyboard properties in the Control Panel.

Or right-click on the EN symbol near the clock and select settings: check the keyboard.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Sounds like a foreign layout keyboard, possibly US, try the US configuration and see if that helps, if not, take it back and tell the shop or seller that you want a UK English layout keyboard... :)

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
thanks - the keyboard setting was US English and not English United Kingdom. It also had the choice of English Australia (I might try that next!)