Problems installing progdvb

O

oldgit

Hi Big Ted, Thanks for the Idiot's guide to installing and running ProDVB. Yes there are plenty of Idiots in there, including me!
Sorry but I've lost the plot a bit. Installed ProDVB and it works OK. Installed Yankse and I can see it in the drop down, now the prob I downloaded fun6in1, unzipped it and put it in the ProDVB root directory.........nothing. If I click on the Loo icon I get- Runtime error 339 Component COMDLG32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
Could you please point me in the right direction please. My card is a Hauppauge Nexus-s.
Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,
Richard.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you are missing out the conversion step Oldgit, you need to download the utility in BTs post and drag the fun file onto it to convert it to a key file for Yangtse.

O

oldgit

Thanks very much BT & rolfw..........sorry still not quite with it, the "Utility" attached to BT's piece - is the fun 6in1 file......how do I convert???
Sorry to be so dim.......
I'll download the latest ActiveX.
Thanks again.
Sincerely,
Richard.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
With regard to the convertion utility, you need to download a 4-in-1, 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 file and unzip it to a directory. When you've done that, ckick on the the utility and when prompted for the file, navigate to the directory that you have unzipped the file to and double click on the Eeprom file, you can then convert it to a key file which will appear automatically as Softcam.key

O

oldgit

rolfw. Thanks very much for coming back! I'll get onto it, but where's the best place to go for such files???
Thanks again.
Sincerely,
Richard.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look in the Nobbly's big links forum Richard, and in particular for Phill's Files

O

oldgit

rolfw. Thanks again...........maybe in some small way I'll be able to return the compliment in the future...........when I've learned something!
Sincerely,
Richard.

O

oldgit

Hi BT & rolfw again, I'm sorry to trouble you again but I'm in trouble with this ActivX thing. On computer 1 (WixpPro SP), the fun extractor thingy works........on computer 2 (Win XP Home) it will not! and thats the computer with the Nexus card on it. I had to move it there because it wouldn't work with Comp1's video card.
I've taken Big Ted's advice and downloaded all the patches from M/S that have ActivX names to them............no difference!
I can see on Comp 1 the ActivX files, but I haven't tried to copy them over to Comp2 in case I mess up.
Any ideas please. Thanks in advance.
EDIT - Problem solved - found and downloaded COMDLG.32.ocx - installed in Windows system file, and the Fun extractor now works. Thanks for your input! BTW I am now trying to find the right 6 in 1 s to decode, but until I get another dish I can't see anything but Astra 2A and Eurobird. So Ill be pestering you when I get the dish. Thanks again......
Sincerely,
Richard.

O

oldgit

Hi Big Ted & Rolfw, Sorry, back again with more Newbie questions.
I've installed ProDVB, and the Fun 6in1 tool, which now works,(it makes a file anyway) Ive found what I think is the right Fun key and pasted it into the root dir of ProDVB. From another forum, the guidelines then suggest "Don't forget that when you make a completely new file you need to copy the TPS Crypt lines and paste them into the new softcam key file (anywhere will do suggest at end)......."
Now where and how do I access them? Do I run the Fun tool again, go to"Expert and copy the text from there, or where? Sorry to be so dim, but when you're so new to this, and you're old as well sometimes my eyes glaze over!!!
Lastly is there a foolproof was to get the right Fun6in1 downloads, on the other forum they mention files that mention the name "Nokia" is this always the case? or do I just look for the newest date? I guess some of them are for equipment with cards, rather that Computer PCI card receivers?
Sorry to write so much!
Sincerely,
Richard.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Get the metapad editor from This thread Richard. You will need to right click on the key file and use the open with command.

The different types of files should be largely irrelevant, as you are only using one element of them.

O

oldgit

Hi rolfw, Thanks very much for that! I will have a go tonight. I don't think that I will have any results till I get another dish, as I can only receive BskyB and Eurobird on my existing, and there seems to only be one Italian channel (Satisfaction) that is encrypted in anything other than BsB's, it says it's Iredeto/beta, but it won't decrypt. I will post back later in the hope it might help other fogies like me!
Thanks again.
Sincerely,
Richard.

mitchelr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Manchester UK
Hi
Using the Skystar2 card
I'm having a problem with progdvb and dvbviewer.
Progdvb starts up with the Error :- " CDVBCommon:OpenDevice not successful, Need SkyStar1 compatable DVB-s/Dvb-C card with 2.0x driver and enabled Virtual DVB-s Network adapter"

Dvbviewer starts up with error :- "Zuggriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00000009. Lesen von Adresse FFFFFFFF." ( after this I can see the FTA Channels ), I have downloaded the lastest drivers from technisat ( 551.zip)
Any ideas
Hey Rolf I bet you were expecting this ( sorry)

Thanks Ron

O

oldgit

Hi, although I'm very new to this, and I have a Hauppauge Nexus, I had a similar prob..........suggest you try, telling ProgDVB, that your card is a Skystar version 1. It worked for me.
Good luck!
Sincerely,
Richard.

mitchelr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Manchester UK
Thanks Richard

I thought I had downloaded the lastest version of Progdvb (v4), but for the ss2 card I needed v4.1.

My picture breaks up into little squares sometimes , is this due to signal reception or computer power.

Thanks
Ron

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Ron, the pixelation in my experience with these cards is often down to the processing and not signal, I had problems with both ProgDVB and DVBViewer(purchased latest version), in the end I settled on EzDVBxl as it didn't suffer the break up on the Conax Kiosk channels, trouble is that you need either Windows 2000 or XP to run it ( I believe). You may consider trying the other program that Big Ted has spoken about, you may have better luck with it.

mitchelr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Manchester UK
Cheers Rolf
I am on win98 but I'm thinking about putting on win2K, I can then try EzDVBxl
Ron

O

oldgit

Hi Mitchelr, I have the same problem, I would suggest a few small things which might help. First check online for the very latest videocard drivers for your setup, next I find that I can't use full screen, about half screen seems best, Iguess if you were looking at telly the screen would appear about that size anyway. Lastly, I did complain about this to Hauppauge (the manufacturer of my Nexus-s card which is very much like yours), and they sent me a registry patch which I have installed. None of these things are an absolute fix but they all helped a little bit!
Maybe the more experienced guys on this forum, might have some better ideas, but that's all I can help you with.........Good Luck!
Sincerely,
Richard.

Big Ted

Big Hairy Bugger
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The problem is simpling the drivers used.

Progdvb etc use the ttdvbacc.dll for skystar 1/nexus type cards and also the software drivers for skystar 2 from technosat whaereas others such as EXdvbXL use a specially written library called dvbcore.dll.

The only way to get rid of the problem totally is to upgrade to windows 2000 or XP if you don't have it and to run a dvbcore based software.

Either that or use the Linux based software....

O

oldgit

Hi Big Ted, Thanks very much for your advice, which is very welcome. I am running Win XP, and I just downloaded the latest
ttdvbacc.dll, and put it into Progdvb..........still no improvement. You mention software drivers from Technosat. I tried ot get to that site but it was all in Russian. Could you please point us in the right direction. I'll try anything to improve the picture. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Richard.
PS I get the same prob in all the other dvb progs around......