problems receiving art on hotbird

rollster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
9ocm dish, triax universal 0.3dB lnb, technomate 7755 receiver
My Location
birmingham, u.k
Hi, another newbie here after some advice please.
I've set up my system and used a cheap sat finder to find hotbird. First of all set it to 6dbu and gradually turned it down to nearly -2dbu where i found i could not improve the signal strength anymore. My problem is that across the board i have a signal varying between 88-95% and on most tp's quality is varying between 40 - 70%, my problem is that on arabesque signal is at 94% but i cannot get quality above 10%, i have already purchased a 12 month blue art card but have not inserted it yet. the dish is 90cm mesh and is fixed on a post at the rear of the garden with no obvious obstructions, is this a problem with my lnb which is a triax unviresal 0.3db lnb?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to make sure that the LNB is skewed properly, a few degrees off vertical for hotbird, between half past and twentyfive to the hour.

Check your connections and make sure that the cable has no kinks in it, how long is the cable run?

If both of these are OK, then you probably still need to do a bit of dish tweaking.

When taking thsee receiver readings, have you removed the meter from the cable?

rollster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham, u.k
the cable run is about 30 ft, but i can't see any obvious kinks in it, havn't tried tweaking the lnb yet so will give that a go many thanks, will let you know how it goes

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Theres another thread on the same subject from about a month ago

rollster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham, u.k
thanks very much for the help, i replaced the connectors and tweaked the lnb and that seems to have done the trick!! what should i do with the art card should i just insert it after i have finished scanning the channels?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that they are self activating, simply put it on one of channels and it should clear in a few minutes.

Make sure that you waterproof the "F" connector on the LNB, water in the connection will not improve your signal.

rollster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham, u.k
card is activated now, i've got a rubber seal around the connector and all seems to be well, thank you very much for all your help.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem rollster, enjoy your satellite viewing. :)

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
same sort of thing has happened to me but i have lost the tp as well it's a funny old game.

madaxekiller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax ci-1800
80cm dish
artcard & viacess cam
My Location
dudley west midlands
hi i am new to all this satellite stuff ....i got a humax ci-1800 80cm dish a viaccess cam and 10 months remaining on a art sport card off e-bay..£103 a bargain i think
grin.gif
..i have put up my dish and can see lots of channells but not art sports ? it says weak signal
huh.gif
anyone else had this problem and how is it fixed ? also does anyone know if my receiver can be patched ?? thanks and if the worst comes to the worst anyone know anybody who could install it for me at a reasonable rate in my area as the few i have phoned want £100 just to tune it in !!?

drevil2nd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
23 LCD SONY TV
10Mbit CABLE + TV
MCE2005 PC (Giving me grief)
XBOX 360 as extender
My Location
london
madaxekiller said:
hi i am new to all this satellite stuff ....i got a humax i have put up my dish and can see lots of channells but not art sports ? it says weak signal
huh.gif
anyone else had this problem and how is it fixed ?
Are you serious? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:-rofl2

As like the bloke above you will need to finely adjust your dish.