AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
I using a TT s2-3200 HD pci card with DVBviewer Pro...and am trying to scan all transponders on 28.2E without success.

If I perform a complete scan of Astra using the ini file a large number of channels are missing when completed..particularly the HD channels.
ok ..so I then tried a manual scan of the missing HD channels...but DVB viewer refuses to even acknowledge the transponers exist ...showing no signal..
I know this is not correct as I have already scanned some of these transponders successfully ...but a manual scan of an HD transponder _already_ succesfully scanned using the out of date ini file ...refuses to produce anything..
Ok I figured I'll use Transedit and force a scan then export the result to dvbviewer ...
Again I chose a transponder carrying HD channels ....The scan completed lighting up the green PAT PMT STD boxes ...but nothing in NIT..
...NO channels are found ...though there is obviously signal present ..
I tried _all_ the BskyB HD transponders ....same result ...no channels found ..
Odd I thought ...I'll try transponders carrying SD channels ...and again ...no channels found..
As a last resort I tried a scan of one of the transponders carrying Arquiva channels (Freesat) ...No problems ...scan completed ...channels found..
WTF have sly done ..?
Have they found a way of preventing manual scans of their transponders ?????
Please can someone else try this and confirm my findings ..
either its a problem specific to my setup ..
..sly have done something to the NIT of their channels ..to prevent them being scanned..
Or I'm going mad !!!

finally ..is there anywhere I can download an up to date and complete 28.2E ini file which will work with dvbviewer ..
I've already tried a few ..and non of them are current..
rgds
VS

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No problems here with those channels using DVBViewer Pro. I'm using a fairly old set of .ini files which have most of the currently active TP's in it.

All scan OK, but also confirm NIT stays red in Transedit, which I hadn't noticed before. The analyser in Transedit does show the NIT information though, so it is being received OK.

My PCI card is a WinTV Nova HD.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Thanks for the reply Llew ...
Time to compare versions I think .

I'm sing Transedit 3.4.2.0
DVB version 4.2.1.0

I guess it could be the pci card itself or maybe the bda driver..
rgds

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi Vipersan.

I used DvbViewer version 3.9.4 and Transedit 3.3.5 initially for my scans, then booted up WIN 7 on the drive to check, as it has your versions of those apps.

No difference, except NIT stays clear (doesn't turn red). Shows up as before in analyse though.

As you say, could be the card. Dish a little off beam?

Llew

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
I think I may have found the problem ...though I fail to understand why this happens..
My S2 pci card is fed through a 4 way diseqc switch ..which up to now has worked fine ...or at least I thought it did ..
If I remove the switch and connect the Astra28.2 input (formerly diseqc A-:cool: directly to the card ...and re-scan ...all the channels are input correctly ..including the missing ones ..
Curious I thought ..
So I scanned the sat again leaving the diseqc Command still set to A-B ...but connected to the dish directly ..
As expected ..all channels scan just fine ..
I then reconnect the switch as before ...and the missing channels are now selectable ..as they were scanned with that input 'comitted' even though switch wasn't connected..
In short I can't scan certain channels with the switch in line ..
but scan without the switch and reconnect after ..and eveything works as it should.
It seems there is some incompatibility between the card and the switch ..but only apparent during the scan ..
Perhaps time to invest in a better switch .
Any recommendations ..sadly you can't buy Spaun in the UK
rgds
VS

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Llew said:
Hi Vipersan.

I used DvbViewer version 3.9.4 and Transedit 3.3.5 initially for my scans, then booted up WIN 7 on the drive to check, as it has your versions of those apps.

No difference, except NIT stays clear (doesn't turn red). Shows up as before in analyse though.

As you say, could be the card. Dish a little off beam?

Llew

Hi Llew ..thanks for this ..
It was the fact that NIT didn't turn red which made me question slys channels as the source of the problem..
obviously not the case as you can see in my other post.,.
rgds