Problems tracking the arc/motorised setup

ALIEN1X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE YET
My Location
UK
I'm using Tecnomate 1500 ci supper,riax TD88 dish and Technomate TM2100A diseqc motor (motec).

This is what I did.

1)Made show ground mounted pole was vertical/plumb all way round.

2) dish and motor approx due south on pole,based on my calculations for approximate Azimuth for 'Thor 2/3 at 0.8w.Motor positioned on '0'.

3) Based on my Lattitude 51.33.54 and Longitude 0.12.31.
I set the motor elevation angle as'39' according to Lattitude .Dish bracket angle according to motor manual is 22.6deg, based on Lattitude and declination angle.

4)I used a 'SLX' sat finder to find a signal approx to Thor 2/3(as thse meters dont tell you what sat you are looking at or found). I moved the hole setup around the pole till I got the stongest signal,then tweaked the dish elevation till I could get the best signal.Then disconected the meter and re-connected the cables to reciever.

5)Then on the reciever I used 'USALS' setup as follows:

Sat=0.8w Thor 2/3

Transponder = 11.165v/1.450 (just left this,not sure what it means?)

Disecq = USALS

sat deg=0.8w

Position setting=00.1 deg E / 51.3deg W ( I could not enter it as .12.31.31 E and 51.33.54 N)

6) Then went to GO TO and clicked on that, message came up on creen saying moving motor to Thor 2/3 but quality signal was jumping from 3 -7% and the level was 80-90%

Not sure where I'm going wrong?

Regards
Alien1x

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
The bit that you left 11.145/1450 (or whatever it was) is the important bit. That is the frequency and symbol rate of the transponder you are aimed at.

If there is nothing on that channel, you may end up with no signal. In that case, try another channel. Check the frequency listings to ensure you are receiving something before trying to home in on it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Send the motor to Thor and then go outside to find it by moving the assembly on pole and dish elevation, you need to make sure that the transponder selected in the menu is one with a good strong channel on it, see the sticky thread at the top of this section.:)

ALIEN1X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE YET
My Location
UK
I will try again, once the rainy weather has cleared.

However, the motor/dish should be facing true South on postion '0' during initial setup, would this be 12'oclock mid day sun?

I will double check the vertical alignment of the pole.

Once at true south or approx, I just swing the whole setup East/West till I get the strongest signal on the Sat meter.

Then adjust the dish bracket elevation,however if this is the case then I would be chaging the recomended elevation mentionedon the in motor manual based on Lattitude?

Must the dish remain central on the motor shaft at all times?Meaning I do not turn the dish around the shaft when tweeking but move the motor shaft E or W?

Regards
Alien1x