My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Diseqc motorised dish
My Location
United Kingdom
I'm a newbie so be gentle with me. My set up is:
Foxsat HDR
Diseqc motorised dish
Irdeo /Cyrptoworks Smit CAM + Skylink Irdeto card

My problem is this; we upgraded our viewing package to include some subscription channels on 23.5E but when we try to view the new channels we get the 'channel scrambled' message box. Looking at the CAM settings the entitlements seems to show the new subscriptions but we're unable to view the channels. We can view other channels which are not FTA on 23.5E (they come as part of the standard Skylink package). Apologies if this issue belongs in another forum but i thought i'd try here first.

Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Which channels are you having problems with? There are 2 satellites in use at 23.5E, one of which has a very restricted beam.

Gremlin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
2 satellites? That explains a lot! :) I wondered why the signal strength is very different. We were originally looking at the slovak channels STV1,STV2,STV3,Markiza,Doma. The signal was a bit poor on those channels but great on others like Nova, Nova Cinema etc so I tried to get a stronger signal for the other channels but now we don't get them at all (still get Nova etc perfectly). Meantime we upgraded our package to add channels on various transponders and those are the ones we don't get and we are now paying for so I'd like to get them! We don't get a message saying no signal, so that seems fine. It just says 'channel scrambled'.

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply BTW, greatly appreciated.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah CT 1 2 STV 1 2 Markiza and Doma are all on the weak German spotbeam on Astra 3A.

That beam is very marginal in the UK so your dish may just need setting up by someone with a meter who is used to working on the weak channels

You may also need a slightly bigger dish idf the signal was weak to begin with.. Have a think about it and then if you decide to get it looked at post in the Installer Wanted section - you may find one of our installer members can have a look at it for you.

Ok thats that one sorted - now which additional newly subbed ones are you missing?

Gremlin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot for the advice; the channels we've subscribed to and are still scrambled are:

Eurosport2
Nova Sport
Sport1
Sport 5
Discovery
History Channel
National Geographic
MGM
Filmbox

It's the SkyLink 'Multi' package. I should also mention that if I scan for channels I get all the above channels listed, but they remain scrambled.

As for the dish, it's 80cm with a pretty clear line of sight. It sounds like I need to get my signal meter out and find the correct beam. I had assumed it was all one satellite as that's what the Skylink blurb implies.

Anyway, many thanks again for the advice & I'll persevere!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Have a look here:

-http://www.flysat.com/skylink.php

This clearly shows the 2 satellites in use

The missing scrambled channels might be something as simple as the card has missed its update authorisation. It might be worth contacting your supplier and get the update sent again.