Problems while watching one channel while recording another

citybhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Western Isles
Hi, I've had Sky+ for a month and in the last 2 weeks the box has developed a problem. Sky couldn't help over the phone and an engineed is due to visit this week.

I have no problem recording one or two channels at a time. However, sometimes when recording one channel, I can only watch that channel or BBC1. This happens if you try and access the channel by the TV Guide or input the channel number. All you get is a blue screen and a flashing banner saying Sat Signal Not Available.

In addition, when this problem happens, if I press 'text' or the red button, I get a message saying 'Interactive Services' are not available while recording two programmes. Even though only one recording is happening!

The system set-up suggests that all connections are working so what on earth is going on.

I have tried a couple of Planner re-builds and re-sets but the problem still exists.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Are you using the Box with two separate feeds from your Dish or are you using only a single feed?

If two feeds, have you checked for loose connections? Have you swopped over the feeds to see if the fault remains the same or if it changes in nature?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, normally happens if you loose signal on input 2. As said check/swap connections over to determine if the fault lies with the LNb/cable connections.

citybhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Western Isles
Two feeds from dish.

Engineer came this morning. Checked everything and said that the only thing he could do was change the box. He said Sky + boxes were hit and miss. Sometimes they are ok but sometimes they pack up after a few weeks.

If this is true, then what the %*$@ are Sky playing at ?!?