Problems with Dreambox 7000S and Twinhan 1030 PC-card

OEB

Reaction score
I just got a Dreambox and it's now working pretty good, but I'm having trouble getting it to work together with my Twinhan 1030 PC-card (connected through the loop-through). For some reason this card seems to overrule the Dreambox so I can only view one transponder at a time if the PC card is plugged in. In addition the motor won't move so I have to unplug my PC card when I don't use it. My old tuner rather overruled the PC card (which was more logical) so I could surf as much as I wanted on that without caring about the card. Is there a way to fix this?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should have a toggle in the DVB software to switch off the LNB power from the Twinhan.

OEB

Reaction score
rolfw said:
You should have a toggle in the DVB software to switch off the LNB power from the Twinhan.

It is, but for some reason they still seem to interfere with each other. The Dreambox refuses to move the motor while I have the PC card inserted. There isn't a setting on the Dreambox that should be changed? I.e. "Use Motor Input Power" - or the voltage settings on the satellites?

[Btw. if it matters I also have a third tuner connected to the LNB-out of the PC card. But all of this worked fine with my old Kaon tuner that wasn't affected by the other tuners at all so this seems to be a problem with the Dreambox.]

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only thing I've looped through the dreambox is my spectrum analyser, but didn't have the power switched on and no 22khz tone, haven't tried it with the SS2 inline. Don't really know what to suggest, but I always favour a twin or quad LNB, rather than use the loopthrough.

OEB

Reaction score
I've still not found a good solution to this problem. Does someone have any input?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It's a minefield. Every receiver seems to be different. I wouldn't think twice about getting a twin LNB. In fact, that's exactly what I did!

My Dreambox 7000S and my Skystar2 are living very happily together. ;)