Problems with firmware/ Image.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish + an 80cm dish with twin LNBs. 800HD Dreambox.
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi Guys, I hope someone can help with a problem I have.

On Saturday last, I wanted to watch a football match, I turned on the TV and I couldn't receive any channels. There was a message saying: Nemesis Blue Panel - Image version: 2.2SVN (079)
Soft cams(2) Ccam2.2.1
Cardservers (0) None
Update is available
Current version: 079
New version: 095
Please upgrade Nemesis firmware

I rebooted the box to see if that would clear the problem but it didn't so I upgraded the software. At the end of the upgrade it asked if I wanted to reboot. I pressed yes. Nothing happened and although the box was turned on, it wasn't working and no channels whatsoever. The box had a red light inside and the green light on the front of the box was on.

I contacted Huevos from whom I got the box from and he has sent me information regarding the box which is as follows:

Receiver DM500HD clone. Possibly uses a ferrari image.
The receiver has a sim prior to 2.1 so it needs a patched image.

My problem is, That I don't know how to set up the box with the computer as the two boxes I have had, were set up by the people that I bought them from.

I would be grateful for any help with this problem. Technically I am a nerd so if anyone can help please make your reply nerd-proof.

Thanks in anticipation.

A nonymous

Reaction score
It helps if you know which sim is in the box and which bootloader it uses.

The likelyhood is that the receiver has downloaded the genuine software, not a modified piece of software needed for the clone boxes.

There is a distinct possibility that it may have killed the box :(

All you can do is try to reflash the box with a modified piece of software. You will find images by using the link below.

Try this one first. It appears to be the same piece of software as what was originally on the box.

_https://rapidshare.com/files/458058041/BKP_Pappaalfio_pingtech500hd_nemesis_2.2_svn79.zip

The link below shows you how flash the box, provided the second stage bootlaoder isn't damaged.

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm500-hd-flashing-firmware-browser

Once its up and running you can either leave it or reflash a newer image to it.

If you manage to get it running again, i would suggest you do not allow the box to perform any automatic upgrades. The newer CVS images are bad news for clone boxes.

Nano

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi Nano, Thanks for your advice. So If the update killed the box it's only fit for the dustbin?

A nonymous

Reaction score
You may be ble to recover it with Dreamup or by jtagging.

I would try and fix it as i said earlier first.

Nano

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nanochickin said:
It helps if you know which sim is in the box and which bootloader it uses.
How does he find that out? Receiver came from HDTV Dreambox in spring 2011 and sim 2.1 came out in June or July so it is before that. I didn't configure the box; it came with the image pre-loaded. I just used DBEdit to send Barry's channel list to it and shift a few channels around, and set up the DiSEqC switching.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
I didn' have time to try the fix yesterday but I will try today

Once I have downloaded the fix on my computer what is the next step? Also do is it better to use my laptop or desk top the laptop is wireless the desktop is connected by cable as is the box.

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
For using dreamup you'll need a serial cable and the program dreamup. This process will take about a hour as the transfer rate is slow. First of have your correct image on the desktop and with the 800 powered off open dreamup and hit connect then power on the 800 and you'll see a small MSG on screen hit flash and browse to the new image and let it work away when finished be sure to disconnect.

Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
Huevos said:
How does he find that out? Receiver came from HDTV Dreambox in spring 2011 and sim 2.1 came out in June or July so it is before that. I didn't configure the box; it came with the image pre-loaded.

You take the cover off, then you would be able to see what sim card it is. But i think with the age of the box it is a Ferrari sim, but to be safe i would check. The box is not damaged in any way its just been updated with unpatched software. Use a programme called Ferrari filler, which is really just an updated dcc, i also dont think the 500hd has a serial port so i think it,s a cable with a small end that was probably with it when you got it. Here is the programe you need to use.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Many thanks for all the advice. I will llet you know how I get on.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi guys, I sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I tried to open the files that goose posted butit informed me that I needed a piece of software to open them and I was directed to several sites mostly American that were asking bfor fees. Is there any programs that are free?

I checked the sim card and it is a farrari sim. as I said in my original article, I am very poor with technology so I hope that you bear with me.

Thanks again for the help to date.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Chris76 said:
For using dreamup you'll need a serial cable and the program dreamup. This process will take about a hour as the transfer rate is slow. First of have your correct image on the desktop and with the 800 powered off open dreamup and hit connect then power on the 800 and you'll see a small MSG on screen hit flash and browse to the new image and let it work away when finished be sure to disconnect.

Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chris, Would you be kind enough to read my last post regarding my cable and let me know if it is the one I need?

Thanks in advance.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Sorry chris, I just checked my last post and find that I didn't mention the cable. Well it fits into my box and also into my laptop. it has a small round cylinder type fitting near to the small connection and was originally for my printer. Do you think it will be the right one or are there different cables for different applications?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
goose68 said:
You take the cover off, then you would be able to see what sim card it is. But i think with the age of the box it is a Ferrari sim, but to be safe i would check. The box is not damaged in any way its just been updated with unpatched software. Use a programme called Ferrari filler, which is really just an updated dcc, i also dont think the 500hd has a serial port so i think it,s a cable with a small end that was probably with it when you got it. Here is the programe you need to use.

Hi Goose. I tried to open the files but without any luck, I wonder if you would be kind enough to help by giving me advice on how I can do that. I have clicked on the files and it asks what program I want to use. I have then been directed to different sites with software that needs to be purchased, are there any alternatives?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry, can you post some screenshots of what is happening when you run that program? Is it connecting to the Dreambox? What is the extra software for? Isn't there an open source version?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
Barry, can you post some screenshots of what is happening when you run that program? Is it connecting to the Dreambox? What is the extra software for? Isn't there an open source version?
Hi Huevos,
Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't open the files that Goose sent, maybe I'm doing something wrong. There possibly is an open source file but I don't know where it is. When I tried to open the file from Goose, there was a box as normal which asked if I wanted toopen or save the file, I saved it. When I tried to open it, I was asked which program I wanted to use. I tried a couple but neither of them opened it. I was then directed to programs that would open the file, all that I looked at had a fee and most were American.

From there I thought it best to ask for help.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
.rar is just a zip format. The .exe file is inside it. Any decent open source zip program would open that. Anyway here is that program repackage with a .zip extension.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
.rar is just a zip format. The .exe file is inside it. Any decent open source zip program would open that. Anyway here is that program repackage with a .zip extension.

Hi Huevos,
Thanks for the files. I travelled back to England yesterda,y so I will have to wait till I arrive back home next week. I will let you know hjow I go on. Hopefully I will be able to sort it.

Kind regards,
Barry.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi Guys,
I would just like to say thank you to everybody who offered advice.

In the end my son put the new image on the box after reading your comments and downloading the files.

A special thanks to Huevos who spent some time on the phone helping me to recon the satellites to the box.

As you probably know the box has a ferrari sim card and the image is nemesis 2.2 Would it be possible to have an enigma image, bearing in mind that it is a cloned box. Any comments would be gratefully received.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
All images on your box are based on Enigma 2. Having an official vanilla Enigma 2 image is a little pointless as it doesn't have any of the fancy features of Nemesis.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Like i said in one of my previous posts you can find most images for your box on another forum. The other place to try is

Code:
http://www.8a8f8.com/

Nano