Qualit-Tv
SatLook Digital NIT
Diablo light CAM, CAS2+
Aston crypt with digital + card
Sly mindish and subscription.
My Location
London
Hi guys,
1st post here :) looks like a nice forum :-worship. A bit easier to navigate around than my existing forum i use but i wont name any names. :-jumpsmile

I was reading the forums as a guest and i saw a few posts promoting the Satlook digital NIT, i liked the sound of it so decided to get one as i need to peak my dish.

When it arrived yesterday i charged up the battery to 90%ish. Then turned it on and all the normal displays came up (on the left screen - spectrum and on the right - the menu), then as the manual instructed me i connected the adapter to the BNC so that i could put the F connecting Coax cable in, but before i goto that stage there was an error message on the right hand screen saying:

ERROR:

OVER-
CURRENT

PRESS
A KEY....

When i take the adapter out and press any key the normal menu comes back. If i leave the adapter in and press any key the error message remains.
Once i connect an F connecting coax cable in i can see the spectrum on the left hand screen working normally. But i cannot gain access to the menu as it just displays the error message.

I was advised by my dealer to contact the marketing sales director at Emitor via email and cut out the middle man. As of yet he hasn't replied so i was wondering if any of you guys had ever seen this message and if you know of any solutions.

Any input greatly appreciated :-ohcrap

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Nebula, welcome to the forum. :)

Normally the over current disappears when you press one of the buttons, but try connecting direct to the LNB and bypassing the motor, as it may be the motor drawing too much.

nebula

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M STAAB motorised
C120 Invacom 0.3db uni LNB with feedhorn
Triple dragon reciever
Qualit-Tv
SatLook Digital NIT
Diablo light CAM, CAS2+
My Location
London
Thanks rolfw

I have not tried directly into the LNB, but mine just displays that message as soon as i put the adapter on to it (no cables - just the small adapter that comes with it). Before i climb up the ladders again would you be so kind as to tell me whether your one displays this message when you just put the adapter only into the BNC? (also when i press any button - the message doesn't go. It only goes when i remove the adapter.)

Thanks again rolfw

Tsiklon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
My Location
Europe
It shouldn't happen with the adapter attached. Is the adapter damaged? The over-current error may indicate a short circuit.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, didn't realise that nebula, could be a dodgy BNC adapter then.

nebula

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M STAAB motorised
Triple dragon reciever
Qualit-Tv
SatLook Digital NIT
Diablo light CAM, CAS2+
My Location
London
It shouldn't happen with the adapter attached. Is the adapter damaged? The over-current error may indicate a short circuit.

Dont think the adapter is damged - looks new and intact. Also with the short circuit thing - the unit seems to be working (on the left lcd is the spectrum of the saterlite, there is sound etc) it just wont let me enter the menu if anythings connected to the BNC. looks like i got a dodgy one and should send it back then chaps? bugger ill probably be £20 out of pocket now from delivery costs :( oh well thanks for assisting me.

nebula

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M STAAB motorised
Triple dragon reciever
Qualit-Tv
SatLook Digital NIT
Diablo light CAM, CAS2+
My Location
London
Sorry, didn't realise that nebula, could be a dodgy BNC adapter then

Yeah guess i should try another one of these 1st before i send it back.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It's a strange one certainly, particularly if you can still see a spectrum trace. Are you connecting to the loopthrough on the receiver?

You may have better luck phoning Emitor, I've found them to be quite helpful in the past.

nebula

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M STAAB motorised
Triple dragon reciever
Qualit-Tv
SatLook Digital NIT
Diablo light CAM, CAS2+
My Location
London
yeah via the loop through from receiver - to get the left-hand lcd showing the spectrum and the right-hand showing the error message. seems weird to me as well as the unit seems to be working fine with out that problem :(

I might give them a ring tomorrow then but really would prefer to get it sorted ASP really as even if they have a solution i mite find the same problem again in 1 years time after the warranty has gone :eek:

isn't it just a pain when you get faulty goods :-doh!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think that the BNC adapter is shorting and the reason you can see a spectrum, is that the loopthrough doesn't require power.

Try making the connection just with an "F" connector.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
So let me get this clear.Are you connecting direct from the lnb to your satlook,or from the loopthrough of your receiver ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It's from the loopthrough zorba, hence why he's still seeing a trace, even with a short.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Okay.Begs the question, have you tried direct from lnb to satlook?

nebula

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M STAAB motorised
Triple dragon reciever
Qualit-Tv
SatLook Digital NIT
Diablo light CAM, CAS2+
My Location
London
Okay.Begs the question, have you tried direct from lnb to satlook?

Yeah tried that, but same problem. The Swedish guy never got back to me so i sent it to my dealer this morning. His 1st ever faulty one he said so must of been unlucky lol. Thanks to all your input guys. Love your setup by the way zorba, shame about your choice of footie teams doh.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Thanks. Ps I forgot to mention that I bought a new satlook nit colour on Monday.
I had a satlook combo which I dropped ten feet while aligning a 3.3m dish which was on a ten foot pole.Anyway,the combo survived but the tube was loose and you could see inside the circuitry and the metal chassis was a bit twisted then it started not working intermittently,so I have had it sent off for repair.
The satlook colour is not bad,half the weight of the combo and the lcd screen good in the sunlight.Not perfect for 2D but the spectrum is good.
I also use a Horizon for critical alignment but it needs new software which someone from this forum has sent me(thanks Jordon) but I havent had time to install it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Did you try it direct with an "F" connector, not using the BNC adapter?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Aren't all satlooks using bnc connectors ? Or do you mean just the f connector touching the bnc ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, putting the F connector into the BNC fixed socket, can be done and would eliminate the adapter as the fault.

nebula

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M STAAB motorised
Triple dragon reciever
Qualit-Tv
SatLook Digital NIT
Diablo light CAM, CAS2+
My Location
London
Hi rolfw i tried to put the F Connector straight into the BNC - to like you say eliminate the adapter as the fault. But i must admit i didn't know how to go about doing it :( Guess I just got fed up in the end with it and rushed down to the post office lol.