Problems with ProgDVB (Yankse) and BroadLogic 2030

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Skyline 1000 @ Astra 28.2E(ish)
My Location
North West
Well, after finally securing a BroadLogic 2030 from Germany for just £20 including postage and packaging, i was quite pleased with myself. Then off to the bank i went, having to pay an extra £10 on top of the £20 just to transfer the money to a German bank account - still happy though. Then the bank wrote back to me saying i had given an incorrect IBAN number, so they refunded my £20 and kept the £10 fee for... erm.. declining my payment. Not so happy. I then have to send the payment off again, incurring another £10 fee - but on the same day, find the card on my doorstep (trusty indeed), and decide that even though i've paid £40 for it (twice the actual price) i'm still moderately pleased.

So, i smack ProgDVB up, download Yankse and scan in a few channels. Thinking i'll start off small, and having read the BL 2030 thread (http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=7482&highlight=broadlogic) i decide that BBC World should be over the magic 75% threshold. All is good and up comes the newsreader. The problems, however, start when i want to use Yankse with a channel such as Eurosport - i've got everything i need, the monitor says it has the key but then decides to crash ProgDVB.

Basically, how on earth do you operate Yankse without it crashing ProgDVB everytime you want to use it?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Use a more stable version of ProgDVB (6 months old) and S2emu instead of Yankse.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I agree - I'm having a mare with 4.62.6, it's really flakey.

4.52 and before are much better.

L.:):-csmile

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Skyline 1000 @ Astra 28.2E(ish)
My Location
North West
Lancelot said:
I agree - I'm having a mare with 4.62.6, it's really flakey.

4.52 and before are much better.

L.:):-csmile
BGonaSTICK said:
Use a more stable version of ProgDVB (6 months old) and S2emu instead of Yankse.
Thanks for the advice - at least it doesn't crash now, but it doesn't want to decode any of the channels either. On Eurosport it says "Key 08" then proceeds to show me some hexadecimal crap but doesn't actually seem to want to show me the picture or any audio - i just don't know what i'm doing wrong.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
There is not a lot open at the moment. TPS and ABSat on 13E are, with the latest keys, and that includes the Mult!v!sion channels.

You will need S2emu or one of the more modern emulators though I think.

Yankse does still open a few bits, but not much now. Krasnal and Vplug are two other useful plugins, but only run one at a time if you want stability.

Read up in this section. All the information you need is here.

P.S. "some hexadecimal crap" is the useful bit ;)