problems with serial port

Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#1
I have bought a he@d 500, i have all the information for introduce the firmware but at the moment that i execute de loader2.3, i see a window that say "cannot open serial port", then i push aceptar, and appear another window that said to me application error, with this message:
warning: waitcommevent: failed with the following error: controlador no valido

Somebody can to give me a solution to this problem, please
 

sophia

Regular Member
Messages
1,665
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
#2
rickymerka said:
I have bought a he@d 500, i have all the information for introduce the firmware but at the moment that i execute de loader2.3, i see a window that say "cannot open serial port", then i push aceptar, and appear another window that said to me application error, with this message:
warning: waitcommevent: failed with the following error: controlador no valido

Somebody can to give me a solution to this problem, please
Hi ricky,

I'm going to translate your post so that our friends can try and help you.

A tradução do post do ricky é a seguinte:
Eu comprei um he@d500, tenho toda a informação para introduzir o firmware mas no momento em que executo o loader 2.3 aparece-me uma janela a dizer "cannot open serial port" (porta serial não abre) , depois quando cliko aceitar aparece outra mensagem a dizer "apllication error" "warning: waitcommevent: failed with the following error: controlador no valido"

Podem-me ajudar a resolver este problema , por favor.
 
Messages
26
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
plusat pl1100/head 500
My Location
Vila Real
#3
ola ricky

será que nao estas a usar o programa num cp que nao tem porta serial??
a maior parte dos novos portateis nao tem a porta... aconteceu.me a mim o mesmo problema quando experimentei o loader 2.3, por isso penso que será esse o problema para o facto de nao te deixar usar o programa...
sophia se deres uma ajuda na tradução agradecia..!!

abraços para todos:) :)
 

sophia

Regular Member
Messages
1,665
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
#4
K7pirata said:
ola ricky

será que nao estas a usar o programa num cp que nao tem porta serial??
a maior parte dos novos portateis nao tem a porta... aconteceu.me a mim o mesmo problema quando experimentei o loader 2.3, por isso penso que será esse o problema para o facto de nao te deixar usar o programa...
sophia se deres uma ajuda na tradução agradecia..!!

abraços para todos:) :)

Claro que traduzo K7pirata ;)

Hi ricky,
Are you using the program in a PC that doesn't have serial port ??
Most of the laptops don't have the port... it happened to me the same problem when I tryed the loader 2.3, so I think that would be the problem for not letting you use the program.

By the way ricky, are you using a desktop or laptop ? If it's a laptop, besides the cable RS232 (null modem) you should get a usb converter for the cable rs232.

Regards
 

sophia

Regular Member
Messages
1,665
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
#5
I'm going to translate an opinion that I received from our friend Poison: ;)

Besides the point of your PC being a laptop or desktop, you could have another program using the port (nokia pc suite, for ex.) and so the best to do is close all the software that can be using that port.
Also, if you have Windows XP , than go to My Computer (in your Show Desktop) and with the right button of your mouse , choose hardware , and then device manager . Find the ports COM and LPT and on top of ports COM select "remove" or "uninstall". Then Restart your PC so that he can install the ports COM again. Try this and then tell us if it worked.
Also, check the transfer rate that port COM1 is using:

- Go to 'My Computer' , and click the right button of the mouse and select 'Properties' -> choose 'Hardware'. Select then the device manager -> Ports (COM and LPT) -> communication port COM1 and click the right button of the mouse again and select 'Properties'. On the port definitions -> bits by second choose 115200 which is the same transference amount of the program.
Restart the computer.

When you execute Loader 2.3 then configure the port COM in use through the menu File - Configuration. Select port COM1.
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#6
thanks a lot, Sophie

My computer is new, and it is my brother´s computer. I don´t know if the serial port exist, but I try to do your instructions.
Now I cannot to do it, because i am not at my house, but in this evening when i arrive to my house, I´ll do it.

If it isn´t the solution, Do You believe that the other solution can be to buy a cable nullmodem rs232 with usb connection?

Rickymerka
From Spain.
 

Poison

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,437
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
He@d 500
My Location
بلدي اميرة القلب
#7
rickymerka said:
thanks a lot, Sophie

My computer is new, and it is my brother´s computer. I don´t know if the serial port exist, but I try to do your instructions.
Now I cannot to do it, because i am not at my house, but in this evening when i arrive to my house, I´ll do it.

If it isn´t the solution, Do You believe that the other solution can be to buy a cable nullmodem rs232 with usb connection?

Rickymerka
From Spain.
You don't know if the serial port exists????:confused:confused:confused:confused

Where you connect the cable??? The serial port is this one.
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#8
Excuse me , I explain very bad

Yes, that serial port exist, but i don´t know if that serial port is configurated.

Because the message that appear when I execute loader2.3, is very strange.

Rickymerka
 

sophia

Regular Member
Messages
1,665
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
#9
rickymerka said:
If it isn´t the solution, Do You believe that the other solution can be to buy a cable nullmodem rs232 with usb connection?

Rickymerka
From Spain.
Ricky ,

The cable used to connect your PC to the receiver has to be null-modem RS232 ," cruzado " , "female/female" (I don't know if this is how you say it) with this combination: See here.

Normally you can buy it in any store which sells equipment for your pc.
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#10
ok, I have got that cable, but the situation is that, the error message that appears me , it appears although cable isn´t connected between receiver and computer.

rickymerka
 

Poison

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,437
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
He@d 500
My Location
بلدي اميرة القلب
#11
rickymerka said:
ok, I have got that cable, but the situation is that, the error message that appears me , it appears although cable isn´t connected between receiver and computer.

rickymerka
Remove the COM port in device manager, restart your computer and try again.

Verify if you have any aplication that uses the COM port, for example:nokia pc suite.

Regards
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#12
Excuse me Poison, i am very bad with computers, so i need professional help

how i can to remove the COM port in device manager? and
I dón´t remenber that i have any aplication that uses the COM port
I think that there is any aplication, but i am very stupid with the situation, I´m sorry another time.

rickymerka.
 

Poison

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,437
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
He@d 500
My Location
بلدي اميرة القلب
#13
rickymerka said:
Excuse me Poison, i am very bad with computers, so i need professional help

how i can to remove the COM port in device manager? and
I dón´t remenber that i have any aplication that uses the COM port
I think that there is any aplication, but i am very stupid with the situation, I´m sorry another time.

rickymerka.
To remove the COM port, go to My Computer (in your Show Desktop) and with the right button of your mouse , choose properties, hardware , and then device manager . Find the ports COM and LPT and on top of ports COM select "remove" or "uninstall". Then Restart your PC so that he can install the ports COM again.

If is an aplitication that use the COM port, only you can tell us what are the application's installed in boot / startup.
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#14
thanks a lot....... again

When I arrive at my house, I try all the possibilities that you is saying to me ..

Later I tell you something, I hope find the solution.

rickymerka
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#15
Excuse me , I have obteined that the serial port is well , now i have another problem.....
I execute the software loader2.3, and when appear the window with status and send, in status appear "please power off/ on", but i have the receiver ON, and Icannot send the firmware hd500v3.13._15/05/2007.

What is the problem, now?

Thanks.
rickynmerka
 

sophia

Regular Member
Messages
1,665
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
#16
rickymerka said:
Excuse me , I have obteined that the serial port is well , now i have another problem.....
I execute the software loader2.3, and when appear the window with status and send, in status appear "please power off/ on", but i have the receiver ON, and Icannot send the firmware hd500v3.13._15/05/2007.

What is the problem, now?

Thanks.
rickynmerka
Hi ricky,

First of all, when you have the null modem cable connected to your receiver and PC , and when you Execute the loader 2.3 and Open the firm with the Loader , your receiver must be unplugged from electricity.

Then , when appears the window with status and send, in status appear "please power off/ on", only now do you plug your receiver to electricity. And the download of the firm is imediatte.
Wait till the last windows appears sayind Downloading End and accept it.
Then wait a few seconds and unplug the receiver.

Try it ;)
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#17
Thans Sophia;

I think that there is something that I´m doing bad, because the window with status pero off/on ten minutes ago, and it is similar.
I think that cable is bad

I´m going to be crazy with this, I don´t know to do.
I´m sorry

I´m going to try to obtein another null cable modem.
At the mark, on the cable´s bag, It is written mouse prolongator.

Thanks.

rickymerka
 

sophia

Regular Member
Messages
1,665
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
#18
Hi ricky,

Don't go crazy with this... You'll see it will work out fine :toke:

The cable that you must get must be the same as this one

Check if it's correct.
 

ddsb

..Team.He@d.pt
Messages
768
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
HE@d HD500 FTA Premium

..Team.He@d.pt
My Location
Portugal
#19
rickymerka said:
written mouse prolongator.
wrong cable

try to buy the cable a computer store or electrónica.

Store
 
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
he@d hd 500fta
My Location
españa
#20
It was the cable, I have obteined install the firmware, and now .....
how Do i introduce the keys? manualmente or i have to install another keys´software.?....

And I forget something, thousand, and thousand , and thousand of thanks, specially sophia, poison and ddsb....
 
Top