Problems with skystar2 and SS2DiSEqC17

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 1 + Motorised dish.
My Location
malta
I have a problem.
I know the skystar 2 out of the box, does not come with motorised support.
I installed a plugin SS2DiSEqC V.1.7 in the root of ProgDVB.
I did all the procedures in the readme.txt. The problem is this when I tell the SS2DiSEqC to go to a particular satellite, it says that its moving the motor, but when the dish does not move by a millimetre,but when I say to the plugin move the dish west or east, the dish moves.

Does anybody know what is the problem? I am running the plugin inside progDVB.I press Go, I press AutoGo X.X, etc but the dish does not move. :(.

Please help me, because I am freaking out! :S

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
d_lamer2003 said:
I have a problem.
I did all the procedures in the readme.txt. The problem is this when I tell the SS2DiSEqC to go to a particular satellite, it says that its moving the motor, but when the dish does not move by a millimetre,but when I say to the plugin move the dish west or east, the dish moves.

Does anybody know what is the problem? I am running the plugin inside progDVB.I press Go, I press AutoGo X.X, etc but the dish does not move. :(.

Have you initially gone to each sat in turn using the "move dish" and done a scan first and checked to make sure you can view OK and then saved so that when you select a channel the motor knows where to move too.

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
Satslut said:
Have you initially gone to each sat in turn using the "move dish" and done a scan first and checked to make sure you can view OK and then saved so that when you select a channel the motor knows where to move too.

The only way the dish moves is when I tell him to go east or west, otherwise any other button I press, any other satellite I choose and press move or goto x.x, nothing happens :(.

Or do you mean I have to find the satellites position first, and then saving them in a config file or something similiar?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, find the satellites using the E/W buttons and save them. Have you entered your coordinates into the plugin?

jeepers01

Reaction score
d_lamer2003 said:
I have a problem.

A couple of questions-
Are you sure your motor supports the goto,x,x function
What motor have you got

Have you tries other versions of SS2Diseqc, as I have found that the only one that works for me is version 1.5

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
jeepers01 said:
A couple of questions-
Are you sure your motor supports the goto,x,x function
What motor have you got

Have you tries other versions of SS2Diseqc, as I have found that the only one that works for me is version 1.5

I havent tried other previous versions of the diseq plugin because I though the latest would be the better. I am not sure the features of my motor, becuase I said to a satellite shop to install it for me. I think I will try the way roflw said.
Btw roflw yes I have setup, the cordinates to where I am living and still it did not work. But I will try saving the positions manually.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You must use the correct version of the modified driver SkyNET.sys included with the DiSEqC 1.2 plugin - i.e. it must match the version of the driver you had installed before you added the DiSEqC plugin.

For example, if you have the V4.2.8 SkyNET.sys driver installed, then you must swap it for the 'modified V4.2.8' version.

You will find it in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers.

STICK

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
BGonaSTICK said:
You must use the correct version of the modified driver SkyNET.sys included with the DiSEqC 1.2 plugin - i.e. it must match the version of the driver you had installed before you added the DiSEqC plugin.

For example, if you have the V4.2.8 SkyNET.sys driver installed, then you must swap it for the 'modified V4.2.8' version.

You will find it in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers.

STICK

Infact the skynet version I have installed is 4.3.0.9999 and the one which came with SS2DiSEqC V.1.7 is 4.2.11.9999. :(
Can anyone tell me, where I can a version of skynet which have the same version number?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You didn't look very hard!

_http://www.dvbskystar.com/down_others.html

Also attached here. :)

Not tried it personally. I use an older version.

STICK

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
BGonaSTICK said:
You didn't look very hard!

_http://www.dvbskystar.com/down_others.html

Also attached here. :)

Not tried it personally. I use an older version.

STICK

Thanks for your help stick, and I will try it and let you know the results :)

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
Thanks stick for your effort and time, to get me the correct version number.
But it still did not work. I even tried the way rofwl suggested by saving the sat position and then trying to telling the plugin to go to that sat position, and still it did not work.
The only way the dish moves, is when I tell him to move left or right, but otherwise all other buttons, does not produce any effect on the motor. :(.
And I also gave him the correct longitude and latitude in the settings window :(.

deliol

Reaction score
I too had the same problem with driver v4.3.09999 .
Unistall it and install drivers v4.2.11,
then copy the patched skynet.sys (v4.2.11.9999) and it will work....:)

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
The version which comes with my card of is the version 4.3.0.
I searched tru the internet for a previous driver and I could not find any, does anyone knows of a link where I can download a previoius version driver of the skystar 2?

deliol

Reaction score
h**p://www.dvbskystar.com/download.html

You'll find all you seek there, drivers all versions, ssdisecq all versions (in the "others" part of the downloads), utilities, codecs and many more

:cool:

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
deliol said:
h**p://www.dvbskystar.com/download.html

You'll find all you seek there, drivers all versions, ssdisecq all versions (in the "others" part of the downloads), utilities, codecs and many more

:cool:

Thanks dude I will give it a shot.

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
It still did work :(. I think my motor is not compatible with the diseq plugin.I do not know the make and model number, because it was installed by a sat shop technician.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
To be honest, DiSEqC 1.2 is DiSEqC 1.2. There shouldn't be any 'compatibility' issues. It's a standard.

You need to try it with another receiver, or preferably get the installer to come back and check that it's working correctly.

You need to see it working. If it does, then you've not setup your box correctly, and if it doesn't work with another receiver (a standard STB would be best) then you know what to do.

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
BGonaSTICK said:
To be honest, DiSEqC 1.2 is DiSEqC 1.2. There shouldn't be any 'compatibility' issues. It's a standard.

You need to try it with another receiver, or preferably get the installer to come back and check that it's working correctly.

You need to see it working. If it does, then you've not setup your box correctly, and if it doesn't work with another receiver (a standard STB would be best) then you know what to do.

When the installer came to install the motor, he brought a decoder with him, to check that the motor works, If I remeber correctly it was a nokia model, and the motor moved, when the decoders instructed him so.

The strange this is this, that as you know, tried various Driver versions, with various diseq plugins, and yet still to not avail.

deliol

Reaction score
d_lamer2003 said:
When the installer came to install the motor, he brought a decoder with him, to check that the motor works, If I remeber correctly it was a nokia model, and the motor moved, when the decoders instructed him so.

The strange this is this, that as you know, tried various Driver versions, with various diseq plugins, and yet still to not avail.

Try to use ssdisecq 1.8 with drivers (and patched skynet) v4.2.11
You must find out the make of the motor (Moteck sg2100, or stab, or whatever).
In the configuration of ssdiseqc set the motor type accordingly (generic disecq motor, or Stab HH, or SG-2100, the commands the plugin sends each time are a bit different...)
Hope that solves your problem
:)