www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I have setup my motorised system and can get a really good signal on both Hotbird and Astra but not Thor

I realise that I am not perfect on the arc so I spent all today going back and forth, up and down and side to side but I can't get a signal high enough to get a lock.

Is this satellite notoriously difficult or something ?

I don't no what else to try my digisat meter will only go as high as 49% snr which will not allow the Dreambox to lock onto it. The meter can turn my diseqc 1.2 rotor which I have done to hunt the better signal strength out but nothing. It does tend to rise a bit when the actual rorot is turning though.

I have noticed that the pole seems to have a habit of giving me electric shocks. Anyone know why ?

Any help would be great as I really want this to work 100%

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
longstockings said:
I have setup my motorised system and can get a really good signal on both Hotbird and Astra but not Thor

Can you get any sats West of Thor? - if not then sounds like your mount is at fault, check the pole is vertical from all sides.

The power through the LNB may give you a kick.

The power for the motor travels along the coaxial so that will be why the meter jumps when the motor is moving - you have to stop and give it a few seconds to lock onto the digital signal after each change.

I can receive thor no problem in Scotland so you should be OK and get a strong signal on anything around an 80cm dish.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
longstockings said:

I realise that I am not perfect on the arc so I spent all today going back and forth, up and down and side to side but I can't get a signal high enough to get a lock.

Is this satellite notoriously difficult or something ?

I don't no what else to try my digisat meter will only go as high as 49% snr which will not allow the Dreambox to lock onto it. The meter can turn my diseqc 1.2 rotor which I have done to hunt the better signal strength out but nothing. It does tend to rise a bit when the actual rorot is turning though.

I have noticed that the pole seems to have a habit of giving me electric shocks. Anyone know why ?

Any help would be great as I really want this to work 100%

Did you have it before 1w. Can you confirm what size dish you have. What freq have you got your dbox to lock onto.

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Sorry I've been checking out Sky Italy.

My dish is an 80cm polycarbonate and I have not been able to pick up anything to the West since day 1.

Can't really say whether my satellite setup is a labour of love or insanity at the moment.

Surely if the pole was slightly off vertical I would be able to compensate enough just to be able to get a strong signal on Thor.

i'll have to check the weather for the weekend and give it another try.

Thanks for the advice

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
longstockings said:
Surely if the pole was slightly off vertical I would be able to compensate enough just to be able to get a strong signal on Thor.

Don't think so - the sats you're picking up are 13 - 15 deg East. My bet is the pole isn't bang on vertical once you get it that way (use a plumb line all round) you'll be well on your way to adding another bundle of birds...

Hope the weather picks up.

ARIAN_UK_1

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
hi dear,
i have motorise system with 1.10 dish, and i can get good signal of thors sat, even get good signal of niel sat, but i had li-bet problem on this sat this afternoon with thors sat, but if you take 1.10 dish or change lnb to 0.3 i think you can get better signal, and depends where you are?

billystevo

Reaction score
Hi once you have checked your pole for vertical, try tuning your receiver to Edusat 11.189v ,as this is a stong transponder.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
longstockings said:
Sorry I've been checking out Sky Italy.

My dish is an 80cm polycarbonate and I have not been able to pick up anything to the West since day 1.

Can't really say whether my satellite setup is a labour of love or insanity at the moment.

i'll have to check the weather for the weekend and give it another try.

Thanks for the advice

I couldnt get thor with 80cm dish in wicklow Ireland. Had to upgrade got 1.1mt but only needed an 90cm one. Your motor is probally not pointing true south. Try moving the motor west a few deg at a time and adjust elevation a bit. If you can get 30w to 28e and still cant pull in 1w then its your dish and make sure you enter valid transponder freq as you could be searching for nothing with out of date freq.