P4 htpc
win2000 sp4
ATI 9200 video set to 1024 x 576 @50Hz PS sent to RGB to component convertor
realmagic xcard
sweetspot RGB aquisition card
Skybox
Humax digibox
echostar motorised analogue rx
twinhan sat CI and ter cards (not working)
ar
Hi

I am having trouble getting the Twinhan DVT-Ter and DVT-SatCI cards to install correctly. I also have a sweetspot RGB aquisition card in the pc.

I have tried numerous revisions of the BDA drivers for the twinhan cards the latest being 1-216

I cant seem to get the BDA drivers to install without exclamation marks in the system device properties screen. I am using windows 2000 sp4. One of the devices always has an exclamation mark and error message of the type error code 10 - the device cannot start. With 1 twinhan card installed then there are no exclamation mark problems.

The twinhan site seems to suggest that the twinhan cards can not coexist with other cards containing BT848 type chips.

Sweetspot has this chip on it.

Does this mean the it is simply not possible to have the DVT-Ter and DVT-SatCI cards installed in 1 pc? Certainly the twinhan supplied display application can only work with 1 card at a time.

Why are the twinhan cards so fussy about other cards in the system? I have often had many different video capture cards in my HTPC without such problems before?

As it is I may have to ditch one (or both) of the twinhan cards and get something more tolerant. I will not be ditching the sweetspot card as its performance with the realmagic X card is excellent.
Is there a fix for the compatability problems I appear to be having?

Anyone running a pc with both Twinhan cards in it?

Regards
Kev

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No, but the Twinhan problem is not such an unusual one. Other manufacturers produce different cards with the same chipset, which will also not coexist. An example is the Technisat Skystar and Airstar cards.

As each physical chipset installed needs exclusive control of its own device driver, one must be installed for each device. Where the driver is physically the same you will clearly have a problem.

Suggest you switch one of the cards to another make.

STICK

kevl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 htpc
win2000 sp4
ATI 9200 video set to 1024 x 576 @50Hz PS sent to RGB to component convertor
realmagic xcard
sweetspot RGB aquisition card
Skybox
Humax digibox
echostar motorised analogue rx
twinhan sat CI and ter cards (not working)
ar
BGonaSTICK said:
No, but the Twinhan problem is not such an unusual one. Other manufacturers produce different cards with the same chipset, which will also not coexist. An example is the Technisat Skystar and Airstar cards.

As each physical chipset installed needs exclusive control of its own device driver, one must be installed for each device. Where the driver is physically the same you will clearly have a problem.

Suggest you switch one of the cards to another make.

STICK

Many thanks for your reply. I will try a different version of the BDA driver for 1 card (e.g. Spectrum's 3rd party DVT-Ter DBA driver) and use the other twinhan BDA driver for the Sat card.

Regards

Kev