djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
If I use the a official image in the motor config I get live info on the signal. But when using say Gemini/DBF I get no signal meter when oving the motor East/West.

Also another thing I have noticed is that on the official image the motor is more easy flowing, whereby the unoffical ones the motot sort of starts then stops a bit then starts.

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
For some reason the other images require you to find one position before the signal strength meter works.

What DreanBox do you have?

If it's a 7000 you would be better using the multi-image option with a USB stick or the HDD used to store the other images.

There's plenty of info on how to set that up here.

You then load the official image on the box and the others on the USB/HDD
set up the position on the original image and the others will use them - sorted.

IF not then set the motor to zero load your image and move the dish slightly and scan for Thor once you've found that one the signal meter will work again.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
No, its a 5620S.

So do I need to store the Sat when I find it (just found 19.2e) and then the Signal Meter will work ?

Cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
djc said:
So do I need to store the Sat when I find it (just found 19.2e) and then the Signal Meter will work?

Yes, once you have found one, and stored it, all should be well.

Try it and come back and let me know - thanks.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
djc said:
No, its a 5620S.

So do I need to store the Sat when I find it (just found 19.2e) and then the Signal Meter will work ?

Cheers

If your finding it difficult to store your sats or getting your motor set up. There is a how to way down the dreambox forum. Storing sats manually. It might help you out.