Probs

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
Right ive set up a 80cm dish with a monoblock lnb i can find ASTRA 19.0east no probs but HOTBIRD i cant get anything, Im in south wales uk . IF i look from behind the dish which way should be hotbird. And when i touch the lnb i can feel a strong electric current is this normal if not what can i do????????????// THANKS

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As you look at the LNb from behind the dish, hotbird will be the left hand LNB, this is normally the default LNB and should be set up first. When this is set up the Astra satellite should drop into place.

You will need to move the dish right (looking from behind) a small amount and up very very slightly.

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
THANKS i found Hotbird but some channels like tv5 europe are saying no signal and others like vox have full strength and full quality signals? THE overall signal strength for Hotbird is 80% quality 65%. ASTRA signal strength 79% quality 50% some channels missing here as well. IVE tried nearly everything to get better signal but to no avail. ANY IDEAS?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Monobloc may just need to be twisted in the bracket slightly to account for Skew.

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
thanks im also intrested in other satellites is it easy to find them? Say HISPAST 30.0W. WHICH WAY from astra1 right or left is it. THANKS and sorry for being a pain.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem Warrior, if you want to spin the dish onto Hispasat, it will be right by 50 degrees or so and down a bit (looking from behind the dish.

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
THANKS ill give it a try soon.

and thank you for being very helpfull. :-beer

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
Hi again i just recived a digisat pro meter. But every time i try to use it says overcurrent all the time , What can i do about this , thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure Warrior, never had that problem with mine, is yours the self powered version?

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
IM using the power from the reciever through the coax.
also im getting small electric shocks when i touch the lnb.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The belt from the LNb isn't unusual, you are the quickest route to earth when you are on the ladder. :)

Aside from checking your connections, there isn't much that I can suggest. Have you managed to use the meter successfully at all yet?

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
HI i think it must of been the connections i re done them all and it works fine now :)

and i havnt used it yet but ill have ago tommorow or next day
:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Good to see you've sorted it Warrior, best take your umbrella out for the weekend though. :)

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
Hi i finnally found Hisapasat went out to do it in the sun yesturday.
I JUST pointed the dish roughly what the compass said and then moved about a bit untill the meter found the signal.

THANKS.

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
Hi i hope you dond mind me asking but im trying to find Atlantic bird 1,If i move my dish about in the roughly the right area i can get 8W pefectly but then theres nothing until i come to 30 w.

Any suggestions?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A few odd satellites (15W for example) come in strong, one channel on 18W and a couple of feeds on 22W

Not a lot to the West before Hispasat, a few after though but not a lot after 45West