• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

procedure to add tps manually in Dish tv

satdxer

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
south india
[dishtv] Press Menu -> Settings -> Select STB info -> Press OK -> Press Red button on remote -> Press OK -> Now Press 7531 code on your Remote -> Set the correct downlink frequency of your new Ku-band transponder ( i.e home transponder of your network) -> Press Red button to save the parameters ->Now Check the recently added TP's signal strength with correct downlink parameters -> if signal is fine, now exit from menu by pressing yellow button on your remote -> Now your STB will ask you to start Scaning new TP by just pressing OK button on your remote.

d.prabakaran

My Satellite Setup
DishTv DTH
Zenega 1004S
My Location
India
satdxer said:
[dishtv] Press Menu -> Settings -> Select STB info -> Press OK -> Press Red button on remote -> Press OK -> Now Press 7531 code on your Remote -> Set the correct downlink frequency of your new Ku-band transponder ( i.e home transponder of your network) -> Press Red button to save the parameters ->Now Check the recently added TP's signal strength with correct downlink parameters -> if signal is fine, now exit from menu by pressing yellow button on your remote -> Now your STB will ask you to start Scaning new TP by just pressing OK button on your remote.

d.prabakaran

how to add transponder.... here u can only edit the home transponder...
is there any way in which i can add transponder and move my dish to capture othere sat

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV DTH, ZENEGA STB, P-4,
My Location
India
Thanks for the information.....Also explain the benefit that we can get by editing the home TP....Can we get any new channels by following the procedure provided by you...

My Satellite Setup
dishtv my set top box is zenega CD-1004iS
My Location
visakhapatnam
wat tps can we add on nss6 plat form so that we can recive other channels\

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
j2kthunder said:
After Updating There is no way to add.

My Satellite Setup
My Location
visakhapatnam
>>>>>After Updating There is no way to add.

i mean to ask wat value we can enter in the editing process so that the dish can recieve! hav any one tried it and got successsfull?

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
j2kthunder said:
>>>>>After Updating There is no way to add.

i mean to ask wat value we can enter in the editing process so that the dish can recieve! hav any one tried it and got successsfull?
Bro what do u mean by recive other channels, It means other sats, Before updating its ok, After updating No way.

hsenet

Accustomed Geek
My Satellite Setup
Satellite: Dish Tv India With Zenega and Beetel 96 SD amp receiver. 60 cms( Dish TV) and 90 cms(MCBS) dishes.

My Computer: Intel Core Duo 3.4GHz, 512MB DDR2 ram,FC6 And Win XP-SP2
My Location
Mangalore,Karnataka,India
Hi,

The info about editing the TP is a very useful feature satdxer has provided us, i believe, Many thanks to him. One will not be able to tune any channels, but it can be used to track other satellites and TP's. I have both zenega and beetel 96 sd recievers. I was able to track ST1, edusat and ABS1 with the sound signal meter of zenega after editing the Home transponder TP. Since beetel does not have that feature and its impossible for me to carry the TV to the roof top. Once the signel was locked i scanned the TP with my Beetel to receive the FTA channels.

I was greatly benefitted with the above info.

Regards,
Hsenet

My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
Hi hsenet,

Are you using the DISH TV's Zenega hardware? and were u able to edit the TP?

hsenet said:
Hi,

The info about editing the TP is a very useful feature satdxer has provided us, i believe, Many thanks to him. One will not be able to tune any channels, but it can be used to track other satellites and TP's. I have both zenega and beetel 96 sd recievers. I was able to track ST1, edusat and ABS1 with the sound signal meter of zenega after editing the Home transponder TP. Since beetel does not have that feature and its impossible for me to carry the TV to the roof top. Once the signel was locked i scanned the TP with my Beetel to receive the FTA channels.

I was greatly benefitted with the above info.

Regards,
Hsenet

hsenet

Accustomed Geek
My Satellite Setup
Satellite: Dish Tv India With Zenega and Beetel 96 SD amp receiver. 60 cms( Dish TV) and 90 cms(MCBS) dishes.

My Location
Hi Allen,

Yes, I am using Dish Tv's Zenega, with the updated software, and i can edit the home transponder. But I cannot scan the edited TP to tune any channels. I have an additional Beetel receiver, Once i get a signel, i remove the cable and fix it to my beetel and scan for the channels. This is a novel method, as for me, to track other sats using the sound meter facility in zenega.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Hsenet

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Its better we use free to view receivers to catch other birds.

hsenet

Accustomed Geek
My Satellite Setup

My Location
But they donot have sound tracking feature that Zenega has! :)

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Some Or Some how miss the features, Specific may miss few in others.

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
INDIA, HOSUR - TAMIL NADU
satdxer said:

d.prabakaran
I tried to add new tp as per above procedure, but not received any chennel.

I tried NSS6 satellite, 95 Deg. east, 11091 H 29500, this is for CGNTV , free to air.

My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
hsenet said:
Hi Allen,

Yes, I am using Dish Tv's Zenega, with the updated software, and i can edit the home transponder. But I cannot scan the edited TP to tune any channels. I have an additional Beetel receiver, Once i get a signel, i remove the cable and fix it to my beetel and scan for the channels. This is a novel method, as for me, to track other sats using the sound meter facility in zenega.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Hsenet
Hi,

Thanks for the information, even I am able to edit the Tp. But once, I have edited it I am not able to scan the channels. it throws up some error. So as I understand, you connect a different receiver. Could you elaborate more on "Sound Meter" facilty of Zenega STB?

hsenet

Accustomed Geek
My Satellite Setup

My Location
alian1980 said:
Hi,
Thanks for the information, even I am able to edit the Tp. But once, I have edited it I am not able to scan the channels. it throws up some error. So as I understand, you connect a different receiver. Could you elaborate more on "Sound Meter" facilty of Zenega STB?
Thats exactly what i said in my earlier post. You cannot scan the TP that you edit. What i do is connect the cable to my Beetel FTA STB and scan the channels in that.

What I mean when i said "Sound Meter" (i couldn't get another word for it!!), is that the stb makes one kind of a sound through your TV Speakers when there is no signal, as the signal increases it will increase the pitch, that way you need not a visual indication that you are getting the signal while tuning your dish antenna. That way you can tune to any satellite just by editing the home TP and increasing ur sound volume and go to your roof top, you need not take the TV, just by following the sound, you can know while tracking a sat, whether you have got a signal or not.

After u get a signel, detach the cable from your Zenega, and attach it to any FTA STB, and scan for the channels on that TP.

This makes tracking satellites easier.
Donot forget to restore your zenega to the old Home TP.

I hope this helps.

Hsenet

My Satellite Setup
ZENAGA STB ALL MODELS.
KAON ALL MODELS
AVAILBLE FOR DISH TV.
My Location
AHMEDABAD GUJRAT INDIA
I Tired It On My Zenega But I Was Not Able To Scan .
Now We Should Try To Modify The Software Uysing Some Loaders Or Stb To Stb Way .
Because On 1st June The Dd Direct Plus Will Change The Satellite And Then All The Dish Tv Viewers Will Be In Middle To Trouble.

Please Find Any Loader And Software For Zenega Receivers And Inform
I Am Searching The Same But I Am Not Successfulll In That ,

Look After The Same,

Regards,
\

My Satellite Setup
I HAVE INSTALL DISH TV CONNECTION WITH DD DIRECT+ AND HAVE COMPUTER
My Location
north east india
satdxer said:

d.prabakaran
by this process i able to track the satellite @88E. the freq is 11686H,20000,3/4. but i m not able to find any channels where as lyngsat shows some channels are available there. is this the process which we r only able to track the oter satellites without getting channels frm them? i m in confusion. need some help ........

My Satellite Setup
My Location
visakhapatnam

I tried NSS6 satellite, 95 Deg. east, 11091 H 29500, this is for CGNTV , free to air./////////////////////////////////////////

its not working bro there must bre some way that we can break the lock of zenega

My Satellite Setup
I HAVE INSTALL DISH TV CONNECTION WITH DD DIRECT+ AND HAVE COMPUTER
My Location
north east india
j2kthunder said:

I tried NSS6 satellite, 95 Deg. east, 11091 H 29500, this is for CGNTV , free to air./////////////////////////////////////////

its not working bro there must bre some way that we can break the lock of zenega
does anybody knows how to break it? we have to do something for that. what is the procedure to complain about dish tv? where should i complain?