Prog DVb Causing Digital Rights problem in WMP

nut

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Recently realised that I could no longer play DVD in windows media player but can still play in powerdvd5.
After a lot of searching found that before installing prog DVB all was ok but after, kept getting digital rights error messages.
Doesn't matter what version of Prog (tried 4.56.2, 4.71.5, 4.72.4) or Windows media player (9 or 10) problem persists.
I'm guessing that the elecard codec might be causing the problem any ideas / help?

XPSP2 on 3.0GHz P4
Skystar 2 with latest drivers (checked with old as well)

Many thanks.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
Did you use different region code DVDs? To some extent it could explain that problem, since windows makes one choose a region and then locks all others. Copyrights bull...

nut

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sorry for not replying sooner Prophessor, I haven't been here in a while due to my PC being out of action. I decided to load windows XPSP1, running prog dvb etc on one partition and XPSP2 on another partition - running everything else i.e. dual boot system. This, although a bit extreme, has worked so far. I only have region 2 DVDs, so I would assume that my drives were locked on region 2, don't really know what the problem was and couldn't afford any more time trying to find it.
Many thanks for your reply.