ProgDVB, EzDVB, DVBViewer, which is best?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've been working with the above on a Skystar 2, trying to get conax to work, both ProgDVB and EzDVB lock up on the Kiosk channels, and have yet to get DVBViewer to decrypt anything with Yangtse.

I'd be interested to hear the experiences of others.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Update on progress.

With the help of Big Ted (AKA ?????? :)) I have now got the DVB Viewer working with C+ Conax channels, but still no luck on the Kiosk channels.

I do find though, that DVB Viewer appears to give better quality pictures and has some interesting features, one in particular is that you can run it as desktop wallpaper.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Having just installed ezDVBXL, I've got to say that with the Skystar 2 it is the best all rounder, not perhaps the best featured package, but it decrypts (when equipped with the right software) , doesn't lock up on Kiosk (Thor) and appears stable. I've asked Big Ted if he'll post his Idiots Guide to installation, but anyone needing info then PM me

ezDVBXL Download

Big Ted

Big Hairy Bugger
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have tested them all and must say eZdvbXL is best but needs win 2k or XP.

Fastest channel chane and very good to use.

Best video codec is cyberlink and to get that you need the .ax files from powerdvd. just download it and copy files across to eZdvbXL root directory and add them to register file after deleting powerdvd if you don't have a full copy.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Are these the five .ax files BT ?

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
I prefer ProgDVB, but I've must admit ezDVBXL looks very nice indeed. Slick interface and very stable.

I could be converted soon.

Most software seems to leave Diseqc 1.2 out, in which case you have to use the plugins, which all work slightly differently.

It would be nice to have software with in built support for diseqc 1.2, at the moment I haven't found one.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not as far as I know, certainly wouldn't run on my sister's PC, but the others do, so no hassle.

WyrTwister

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Having just installed ezDVBXL, I've got to say that with the Skystar 2 it is the best all rounder, not perhaps the best featured package, but it decrypts (when equipped with the right software) , doesn't lock up on Kiosk (Thor) and appears stable. I've asked Big Ted if he'll post his Idiots Guide to installation, but anyone needing info then PM me

ezDVBXL Download

Just d/l'ed Ez & it does not recognize the ini files for the sats & can not find the codecs I d/l'ed .

Also , wher do you put the plugins ?

If some one can help me with a manual or FAQ , I would greatly appreciate it . :-)

Thanks,
Wyr

Bubu74

Reaction score
My Location
italy
Hi,
I'm stuck with progDVB till no one fixes S*y Ita or taqui**a.. hoping a new s2emu coming soon. Perhaps ezDVBXL is working better with encrypted channels? what plugin I need to make it works?

thx