progdvb in linux

user001

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
progdvb
hi people!! I have a litle question.. it's possivel to use progdvb in linux?? anyone try it? maybe it's better.. i have a skystar2..

maxwell80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2
My Location
portugal
I'm also trying to do the same. Have you done it? I'm thinking of using vdr, but i don't know how to use my skystar 2 with hispasat... :(

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
maxwell80 said:
I'm also trying to do the same. Have you done it? I'm thinking of using vdr, but i don't know how to use my skystar 2 with hispasat... :(

i tried to get my sat card going in linux but i couldnt get it to be seen by the computer so i gave up :(

Gone back to xp but im not using my sat much at the moment anyway though it would be nice to get it running in linux at some point.

bifferos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Metre Dish, Channel Master H-H mount, ACME Actuator, Skystar2, PIII-600MHz
My Location
UK
user001 said:
hi people!! I have a litle question.. it's possivel to use progdvb in linux?? anyone try it? maybe it's better.. i have a skystar2..
Skystar2 works fine under Linux. If you don't want the hassle of installing vdr, then use dvbstream in combination with mplayer. It's not so good for channel-hoping, but it does work!

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
maxwell80 said:

I am not using sat on the PC, yet, but am investigating and with my DVB-T cards I use Kaffiene (part of KDE suite) as this support DVB-T and also DVB-S cards as well.

Give Kaffiene a try, should do it all for you, or as bifferos suggests you can use it with mPlayer/dvbstream which is a good way to test its working!

Bifferos, do yo use DiSEqc with your SkyStar under Linux? I was going to buy a Huappauge Nova-S-Plus but the Linux driver is missing the DiSEqC code in the driver to steer a dish :(

Paul.