progdvb keeps crashing heeeelp

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
hi guys,
progdvb keeps crashing when i change channels, it just says program not responding when i try to close the group
any ideas

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Try backing off a couple of versions to 4.52 or somewhere round there.
4.62 is still a bit flakey.

Rgds

L. :)

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
bronking said:
hi guys,
progdvb keeps crashing when i change channels, it just says program not responding when i try to close the group
any ideas

not at my home pc right now to give exact details but i upped the cpu settings to real time within Progdvb and that helped some. I had particular problems on 4.2.2 feeds which seem to take up more resources to maintain a solid picture and fast cpu always helps and having as few windows open as possible what cpu you using?

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
Ive reinstalled it but to no avail, my cpu is a (pentium4) 3.2ghz.
also I'm having trouble s*ca wise, my S2-emu says that s*ca2.cfg is missing,
i'm a :-newb at this and my new dish comes tomorrow( the wife still dosn't know, I haven't had time to tell her in case:-lan2 but i could really do with solving these probs,
christ ive just read what ive typed, i think i might need to phone samaritons
:-lmao
anyway guys any help is much appreciated
bronking,
:-comp

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
4.56.2 is the last original version that has no bugs. he switched to a "ProgDvbEngine" in later versions and they do not work right for me too.
Stick with 4.56.2 and that should eliminate ProgDVB from your trouble list and help pinpoint your problem if it still remains. 4.56.2 (last of the Mohicians) is downloadable from ProgDVB website.

Lava

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xp Home, Intel C2D 2.13GHZ, DFI 975x mobo, TT Skystar2 DVB-s,
Humax Foxsat HD, Echostar2200, Clarketech 1500, 120cm fixed dish, 80cm motorized. ProgDVB,ALT dvb. Kaffeine in Opensuse 11.1 x64 Linux.
Spare pc Fedora 10.
My Location
Spain
From what little I know :-doh!and what I have tested so far O-stthe conflict appears to be with the plugins. Y***e :-bash S*-E*U may be ok together, but if you add Fe*i* and V it crashes all the time)(-red.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
:-beer thanks for all your coments and sugs, i think i'm solving it but taken kalamars advice and downloaded earlier version just in case this is lying in wait in my zips folder
:-applause

kalamar

Reaction score
I use S2EMU and Krasnel in the same ProgDVB with no interactions or problems,but S2EMU and a good key is all you need in there. Those old Fenrir and Yankse progs are mostly obsolete and would cause trouble using all at once with S2EMU and others .

You can install all the versions of ProgDVB you want and keep them all separate and experiment all you want,I have about 9 versions on my computer as well as MyTheatre which is crapo so dont even try that one till you are expert at it or you will go to nuthouse soon.

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
I too have had similar problems, so went back to basics. Now have gone back to 4.56.2 or whatever it is and ONLY s2*mu in the plugins with the latest s*ftc*m files. Have ditched f*nrir, y*nkse & others. Things seem much better now.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
thanks marky but i'm sorted now

Maurice1

Reaction score
My Location
DUblin
Hi Bronkin,
Glad to hear all is going well - But how did you fix it??
Maurice

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
maurice i have done big write for forum rolfw is proofing it right now so hopefully everystep is illustrated in plain english

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Cool. About time the how-to was updated. Yankse an Fenrir are dead now. Flinders has moved on, and is now involved with Krasnal and more.

As for channel changing probs, this is an issue on many receivers, but some ProgDVB versions sucked in particular. Tip - change channels much more sympathetically (i.e. slower...) no, really :)

kalamar

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
Cool. About time the how-to was updated. Yankse an Fenrir are dead now. Flinders has moved on, and is now involved with Krasnal and more.

As for channel changing probs, this is an issue on many receivers, but some ProgDVB versions sucked in particular. Tip - change channels much more sympathetically (i.e. slower...) no, really :)
have you........
Ever gotten agravated and clicked a channel 50 times with the remote ? :-gnome and then have to wait 10 minutes till it sorts itself out ! :-Cgrin

kalamar

Reaction score
Lava said:
From what little I know :-doh!and what I have tested so far O-stthe conflict appears to be with the plugins. Y***e :-bash S*-E*U may be ok together, but if you add Fe*i* and V it crashes all the time)(-red.

Nice looking pussy you have there :-MrsC