Programme dreambox for money, k'chink

Houghn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gyro stabilised dish on boat
My Location
birmingham
I bought one of these on a reccomendation to suit my purposes for a satellite receiver on a boat. However to achieve what I want to do it needs to be programmed and its out of my league. Is there anywhere I can send it to get it programmed, or anyone on here who is able to do it for a reasonable cost? I am in the Birmingham area.

Cheers, Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is not really that complicated, there are a couple of bits of software which make it easy and you need to be able to do it yourself, as it requires regular attention, do you have a home network?

PS. Have moved this to a more logical section. ;)

learning

Reaction score
My Location
central southern england
Blimey m8 hope your boat isnt going to be moving lol

Houghn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham
I have posted this request previously, but I think I posted it in the wrong place. I have Sky with all the premium packages at home and I have a boat with a motorised satellite dish. I only want to be able to watch the programmes I have already paid for on my boat. I was told I could do this with a Dreambox 500S, so I bought one, but I don't have an ethernet or know the first thing about Linux. It may seem straightforward for a lot of you to do the programming of the dreambox, but for me it may as well all be written in Greek. If the idiots guide has the answers, then I am sub-idiot.

So my question is simple, for 50 quid, will someone programme my Dreambox so I can get all my sky channels on my boat by just moving the card? As an alternative, for that warm feeling you get inside when you help a fellow human being, will someone give me a step by step guide of exactly what I have to do, what software to load, where I can find it, what a config file is, and how I change it.

I guarantee I will then pass on this Karma to another less fortunate than myself, in the unlikely event that I can find one.

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
I live in Worcester and will gladly help you programme your dreambox.

PM your email and we'll sort it out

Stu

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Houghn said:
I have posted this request previously, but I think I posted it in the wrong place. I have Sky with all the premium packages at home and I have a boat with a motorised satellite dish. I only want to be able to watch the programmes I have already paid for on my boat. I was told I could do this with a Dreambox 500S, so I bought one, but I don't have an ethernet or know the first thing about Linux. It may seem straightforward for a lot of you to do the programming of the dreambox, but for me it may as well all be written in Greek. If the idiots guide has the answers, then I am sub-idiot.

So my question is simple, for 50 quid, will someone programme my Dreambox so I can get all my sky channels on my boat by just moving the card? As an alternative, for that warm feeling you get inside when you help a fellow human being, will someone give me a step by step guide of exactly what I have to do, what software to load, where I can find it, what a config file is, and how I change it.
I guarantee I will then pass on this Karma to another less fortunate than myself, in the unlikely event that I can find one.

How can you receive satellite on boat ????unless its in dry dock. Does your boat stay still on water????

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
john_graydon said:
How can you receive satellite on boat ????unless its in dry dock. Does your boat stay still on water????

The dish is stabilised using a gyro

Houghn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham
john_graydon said:

As Stu says, it is gyro stabilised, and can move the dish through 50 degrees of arc per second in both planes to track the satellites. However, many boaters get sat TV using just a standard dish when they are moored up to a pontoon in a marina, so long as the water is calm.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Well you learn something new everyday. Well back to your original Q.
Read the Idiots guide in the dreambox section., and try it yourself. Any problems lets know and we will try and sort you out. Lots of help at this forum.