Programming availability question

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
Where can I get a Prussian Galaxy5 Fun7 card programmed with Dragon Cam version 3.21 please? Or am I better getting a programmer, if so which one is recommended?
Thanks
John

cableman

Reaction score
John T said:
Where can I get a Prussian Galaxy5 Fun7 card programmed with Dragon Cam version 3.21 please? Or am I better getting a programmer, if so which one is recommended?
Thanks
John
Definitly worth buying your own programmer. I use a Duolabs Dynamite card programmer. It only does cards but it is so simple for the dragon loader card.
Put card in programmer, Prog says 'dragon loader card recognised', Select your file eg pred322.dra, press button to write firmware. Done. If it ever says ,dragon loader card not recognised ', then just go to card prog mode, select prusian card 5, write fun7ldr.hex to flash, then go back into OS card/dragon mode and do the pred322.dra bit again. I'm not a geek (quite) but I love my Dynamite prog.

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cableman said:
Definitly worth buying your own programmer. I use a Duolabs Dynamite card programmer. It only does cards but it is so simple for the dragon loader card.

Sounds good, but on doing a search I only seem to come up with Dragon Cam programmers, at about £55, are these the ones you mean?
Thanks
John

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I have now aquired a smarthouse 3.5m/6m with inverter serial programmer. Unfortunately it fails to connect, I am using Dragonload.exe 1.0.0.1. I have tried with inverter on and off, with the Fun7 card in, chip up and down to no avail. any suggestions please?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi John T,
you do not use Dragonload to program a Fun Card 7, you program it like a normal Fun card. You use the loader to program a PIC based card.
Which kind of loader card do you have?
Best wishes
Mickha

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mickha said:
Hi John T,
you do not use Dragonload to program a Fun Card 7, you program it like a normal Fun card. You use the loader to program a PIC based card.
Which kind of loader card do you have?
Best wishes
Mickha
All I can say is that the Programmer is marked
cryptic Smartmouse SE Serial Programmes
The card Prussian Galaxy5 Fun7 AT90S5815A+(2X24C1024) That is everything written on it.
I never realised how complex this satellite malarky is.:-doh!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi John T,
you definitely have a Fun 7 card, I can't help you with your programmer, as I personally have an Infinity/Phoenix programmer. Where did you get your programmer from, and can you provide any further details ?
Best wishes
Mickha

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mickha said:
Hi John T,
you definitely have a Fun 7 card, I can't help you with your programmer, as I personally have an Infinity/Phoenix programmer. Where did you get your programmer from, and can you provide any further details ?
Best wishes
Mickha
It says Smartmouse and Phoenix compatable. Just can' seem to find suitable programming software.

tr8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar ad3600ipva
1.2 channel master
loads cams, cards,
spare ad3000ipva, jacks, etc
My Location
ipswich
why not get a cas3 no card is required can be done outside recieved and does loads more

tr8

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi John T,
if your programmer isn't capable of programming a Fun card 7, then the cheapest option would be to exchange it for a PIC loader card, your Dragon Cam supplier will probably be happy to do this. You could also start a new thread to discover if anyone has a similar programmer and a Fun card 7, and has been able to program it.
Best wishes
Mickha