programming cards using a vxmulti

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just bought a vxmulti programmer and I need some help programming a gold card and a fun card.

please help!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at This Thread radioscanner, it should answer your question.

radioscanner

Reaction score
THANKS FOR THAT ROLF,
The eprom seams to program OK... but I get an error when I program the pic ? (loader failed card faullty) ...I tried several diferent cards and they are all the same.

I tried the link to maxking but it doesnt work?

http://www.maxking.com/vxmulti.htm#howtousethevxmulti

I spent hours looking on the net and I cant find any info on using the vxmulti ? strange!

also I would like to program a fun card.

hope you can help.-)

radioscanner

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you selecting both files and then pressing the program button radioscanner? Which files are you using ?

radioscanner

Reaction score
I have tried the seca files on tonydoe website -

http://www.digigate.net/tonydoe/Files.htm

I am loading the pic file into the code tab and the eprom file into the eprom tab then pressing the program button on position 8 then I program the pic on position 1.
this is when I get the error?

thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately radioscanner, i don't have one of these programmers, but I don't believe that you should bepressing the program button more than once.

radioscanner

Reaction score
oh well thanks for trying.....if you find out anything or know someone who has a vxmulti let me know...thanks.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
radioscanner, I have a VxMulti and am running the VxCardmaster S/W with it i.e. I have upgraded the Eprom to be able to run the new software. This enables me to program all of the card types, including Fun cards.

If this is what you have then reply and I'll try to help.

Tirosh.

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hi Tirosh,

Surely I should be able to program cards without upgrading my programmer, I bought it ready to program both gold and fun cards...
I have tried the vxmulti sw and also chip-cat sw but non of them come with any instructions ..... its amazing the programmer doesnt come with any instructions and I cant find any info on the net.! ?
I bought it from maxking...but they dont reply to any prog/card tech questions.
Any info you have would be highly apreciated.

Thanks.
Radioscanner.
:)

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
I'll try to explain as much as I know:

Original VxMulti - came with VxMulti S/W and could program GoldW cards but not Fun cards. Hence people were using the VxMulti S/W for GoldW cards and other programs such as ChipCat for Fun cards. If my memory serves me right GW cards were programmed with VxMilti S/W by using mode 8 and mode 1.

Then the manufacturers brought out new versions of the VxMulti and also upgrade packages for exsiting users, which consisted of an Eprom and new S/W called VxCardmaster. The beauty of this new S/W is that you can program any card you like by just using Mode 7.

You can find more info on the VxMulti web site VxMulti

Also, a very useful sounrce of info is the Dugwati site.

Hope this helps.

Tirosh.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Radioscanner

Two models by Vxtools are the multi and the Vx 4 fun. The 'non-updated' multi programs cards in modes 1-6 (whereas atmel cards (fun) are mode 7). The Vx 4 fun programs mode 7 atmel cards. The upgrade to the multi (cost £14) brings it up to the level of the Vx 4 fun and, therefore, able to program fun cards.

These 2 links may help you
http://www.satonline.co.uk/CARDMANIA/programmers.htm
http://www.ecscards.co.uk/catalog.htm

Jimbo

radioscanner

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the help..I have sent for the upgrade!

watch this space....... :)

radioscanner.

G55

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cumbria
Originally posted by radioscanner
Hello,
I have just bought a vxmulti programmer and I need some help programming a gold card and a fun card.

please help!!!

radioscanner
To program a Gold card with VXmulti use mode 2 for the pic and mode 1 for the eep.
For a funCard use mode 4 for flash and mode 0 for the eep,
I use IC prog 1.05 for the Gold card, and ChipCat for the FunCard.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
That's interesting G55. Does that sequence work on both the 'Multi' and the 'Multi Pro'?

Jimbo

G55

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cumbria
jimbo
Sorry carn`t help with the Multi-Pro, but in ICprog set the frequency to 3.58 MHz for the Gold card and in ChipCat set it to 6.00 MHz for the Fun card

radioscanner

Reaction score
In the end I did it using chip-cat 3.0 for XP... I set it to 6mhz.. it programs gold and fun cards easy.
so I sent for the lousy upgrade for nothing!
so what else will I gain with the vxmulti upgrade ?

radioscanner.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Which VX model did you purchase in the first place?

Jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Hi Radioscanner

As I understand it and have read, the original Multi (version 1) would not program atmel chips without the upgrade to the version 2 types or the Vx 4 fun. I also saw yesterday that the supplied software tends to make cards unreliable and that's why chip-cat is better. If you get it up to the level of the Multi Pro, I believe you can copy unprotected cards without using a PC. Also it can program Atmel chips other than AT90S8515's.

Personally, I believe the best programmer is the 'Elvis' using Multiprog by TJ. It's uncomplicated, fast and reliable and works off a 9volt battery, saving on a DC power connector.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Originally posted by jimbo
I also saw yesterday that the supplied software tends to make cards unreliable and that's why chip-cat is better.

Jimbo, I have been using the VxMulti upgraded version for the last 3 months and have not had any problems. With the VxCardmaster software which comes with the upgrade package it is very easy to detect which card you have, read the contens of the card and also to program any card type very easily.

Tirosh.