Programming Kevlar

T

tonyc1968

Hi

I'm having trouble programming kevlar onto a gold wafer 16F84 using a pic programmer and com84, pip02.exe. Erasing the card seems fine but when programming it fails at the end. Also using a smartmouse/phoenix programmer and winphoenix to program the eeprom this fails whe trying to erase/read the card. I orginal had problems running com84 as I was getting runtime errors, CPUkiller program resolved this. I'm running a AMD Thunderbird 900Mhz. Which order does the programming go in, eeprom first or the pic

Thanks in advance
Tony

digitaldave54

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I too use Kevlar and according to the Read Me files, it says we should first load the pic and eeprom hex files. Next, program eeprom with 24c16.hex. Then, finally, program pic with 16F84.hex.
A footnote states that "You must program in this order or else it won't work!"
I hope this information is of some help to you. :)

Dave

T

tonyc1968

I've found that icprog is best to program the pic and winphoenix for the eeprom. The problem I have now is that I have 2 gold cards, I've programmed one of them with kevlar and it works fines the other comes up with a blue box saying insert card. I'm able to program this card with Omega,SECANIX & DBMG2 and this gets rid of the insert card problem but all the channels come up as a black screen apart from the free to air channels. Why does kevlar work on one card and not another.

Thanks