Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
All bands
My Location
North west
Morning all,

First post on the forum.
Quick intro........

I'm North West UK based working all bands from C to Ka.
Also track geos visually ( optically) whenever the weather permits , which ain't often :-doh!

Have a couple of questions for analyser users.

Presently using a Digiquest PR21 analyser , but can't find a manual anywhere.....wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction ?

Also would like your opinion on the Promax MC944 analyser. ( 950-2050 version )......is it a relaible machine ?

Many thanks,

John

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-welcome to the forum satcomuk

Sounds like you know what you're about there. You should post some pics then we can all go green with envy. Sorry I am unable to answer your questions, never had a spectrum analyser but I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi John, sorry had no experience of those units, I have an old Unaohm EP313, Emitor Satlook NIT and Swires Annie 3, the Satlook being the best for sat searching and the cheapest of the lot, but then again it only covers satellite and does not have some of the features of the others. I certainly like the Promax range though, the only thing that put me off was the size of them, when you are balanced on a ladder at great height, the size and weight of the big spectrum units can be a distinct liability. :)

satcomuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
All bands
My Location
North west
Hi Guys....thanks for the welcome........and the replies.

I managed to pick up a Promax MC944 last night at a fair price so I'll let you know how it goes . Weight doesnt bother me as I only use it indoors to watch out for feeds popping up on the likes of 20 west etc.

Rather than post pics , it might be easier to check out a couple of my sites to see the sat images...

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/satcom_transits/March2005.html is my main ISS site..

With...... http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/satcom_transits/ showing the station as it crosses the Sun or Moon

But.....probably of most interest here is http://www.satcom.freeserve.co.uk/geos.htm which has pics and video of the geosats in orbit.

Right now is the best time to look out for geostationary birds as we are just about to enter the "outage" period. This means that during late evening , the geos can flare to naked eye visibility.......and certainly bino/small telescope magnitude.

Interestingly , when some of the sat fleet operators have seen these videos , they have been quite surprised just how much their birds move around.

You can imagine what a nightmare it must be for the likes of SES to keep seven birds in tight formation within their 140 km control box ! ;)

Best wishes,

John

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Brilliant picture John, very interesting sites. :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Hello John

Excellent site with some wonderful pictures.

PaulR