Prosat 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Draugen

I bought a Prosat 5000 (Force Clone) some time ago and it has been working fine. But yesterday I downloaded the latest operating system from "Thor " and after that was done I got a message that the "clock was updating and I should wait".
I can not get rid of that message its frozen/stuck, I tried to disconnect several times but I get the same message.
Any idea what I can try exept sending it to a repair shop?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The message normally stays on the screen for about ten seconds or so if there is no signal for the update.

In the main menu there is a setting for clock updates along with other initial receiver parameters.

D

Draugen

Thanks for information, but my problem is that it stays on all the time, I think that the latest software update (ver.49) is the reason.
Is it possible to get hold of an earlier ver. of the software to load it into the receiver via my PC?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You will need to ensure what you do find on the net is suitable for the receiver - may clones have different base function and a software from another brand can in the worst case cause complete failure.

Force receivers do have download by satellite on Hotbird and Thor 1W.

Does your dealer still have Prosat units in stock, it would be worth asking for a replacement receiver first.

busterskf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
captive workes 650 lap top
My Location
lancaster ca
quick ? im looking to purches a prosat 750 could u help direct me were to go i realy cant find it on line.... thank you ...........

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This thread is SEVEN years old. Im sure you can find an online retailer by using Mr Google.

Thread closed - lets let it slip back into obscurity :D

Status
Not open for further replies.