Help Required puzzled in need of help! (sorry if post is in wrong place)

nananananasatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
spiderbox 9000HD
My Location
leicester
hi all after weeks of browsing the internet and struggling i am now asking for some help me with my setup. i have not long moved house and moved all my equipment with me i am using:

spiderbox 9000hd , vantage motorized 90cm dish, virgin 30meg internet , newcamd line , astra 28.2

i set up in my new house but for some reason i am getting very poor signal on pay for channels (scrammbled). my box has definitely getting internet via Ethernet cable. my cline is connected i can view all free channels with 90% signal strength as soon as i flick to a subscribe channel (sports movies) i dont have very little signal quality and strength.

i put a brand new line in from dish to box i tried a new ethernet cable, new hdmi, and even a brand new box still does the same thing. i got in a aerial fitter to align my dish after i installed it and a tech man to check that my router was working fine. i am now well and truly stumped and any help would be appreciated thanks.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It sounds like your "Provider" has an overloaded Server and you must contact them to resolve it.

We do not permit discussion of Pay Servers on this Forum and always advise that our Members obtain legitimate Subscriptions direct from the relevant Platform Provider.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Could be any number of things:

dish misaligned
failing lnb
damaged cable from the dish
rainwater in the cable from a split of poor join
failing receiver

etc etc

You have made a good start with eliminating the problem, what with changing the receiver and replacing the coax, so this would suggest the dish is misaligned or the lnb is failing.

You could try a rescan as there have been numerous frequency changes recently - with more to come in the next couple of weeks.

Have a look here

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

and see if the frequency displayed on your receiver agrees with the actual freq currently in use. (Dont worry if the frequency numbers are a little different - this is not unusual with generic receivers

Please note we most definitely do not condone illegal decryption of pay channels on this forum, please do not mention this aspect again here. :)

nananananasatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
spiderbox 9000HD
My Location
leicester
thank you for your help i think i may replace the dish

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The Spiderbox 9000HD gives 2 signal bars, S & Q, Strength is blue, Quality is green. The green reading is most important.
Can you please post a few readings, both signal strngth, and especially quality, for FTA BBC channels, Sky Sports 1 HD, and some of the free chat shows, which generally have a weaker signal.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Try tweaking the alignment FIRST.

Find a weak frequency, then gently push the dishtop then bottom and bothn sides & see if things improve - you dont need to push hard, just gently deflect the dish. If its out of kilter you will get a better signal at some point.

You could print out the 28E frequency list I gave earlier, cross out the working channels & see if there is any patter to whats missing - eg are all the H polarity ones missing. If so you know the lnb isnt working.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You could also wait a few days & see if things improve - there are MASSIVE frequency changes happening over the next 2 weeks.