pvr recorder free to air channels ?

G

gnomegreen

Member
Messages
12
My Satellite Setup
havnt got anything set up as yet thats why im here really
My Location
welsh
Hello. im looking for a pvr recorder with a twin tuner,that recives free to air channels, nothing more really apart from the cost, whats the cheapest i can get 1 at,i have found a topfeild tf 4000 for 170 pound, can anyone find a pvr with the above critera cheaper,thanking you kindley,wilson.
 
H

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Messages
3,764
My Location
Middle East - Israel
gnomegreen said:
Hello. im looking for a pvr recorder with a twin tuner,that recives free to air channels, nothing more really apart from the cost, whats the cheapest i can get 1 at,i have found a topfeild tf 4000 for 170 pound, can anyone find a pvr with the above critera cheaper,thanking you kindley,wilson.
Is it topfeild tf 4000 Plus?
If it is then you are paying extra for the CI slots. As you are interested only in FTA, then you should look for FTA only receiver with twin tuner.
Wouldn't it be better to buy two very cheap FTA receivers with PVR capability instead?
The pvr can be a USB stick or an external USB HDD
This way you have the advantage to record two different channels instead of only one (presumably with a twin tuner?)
 
H

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Messages
3,764
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I take that point back. It has a simultaneous dual recording and playback.
 
H

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Messages
3,764
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Technomate TM-3150 FTA PVR ready via USB costs 49 Pounds
2x49=98 pounds.
Add a USB HDD or USB stick to record.
_http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/product_overview.asp?id=2045&catid=1&subcat=32
Should work slightly cheaper, but I still would consider the Topfield model as I think that it has an internal HDD included in the price
 
G

gnomegreen

Member
Messages
12
My Satellite Setup
havnt got anything set up as yet thats why im here really
My Location
welsh
HB13DISH said:
Technomate TM-3150 FTA PVR ready via USB costs 49 Pounds
2x49=98 pounds.
Add a USB HDD or USB stick to record.
_http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/product_overview.asp?id=2045&catid=1&subcat=32
Should work slightly cheaper, but I still would consider the Topfield model as I think that it has an internal HDD included in the price
thank you. would this require just a normal usb stick, as im totally new to all this. ? if so what would the picture quality be like?, and how would it work? is it hard to set up and use?,and could i also rewind and pause while i watched live tv, ? thanking u kindley, wilson.
 
H

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Messages
3,764
My Location
Middle East - Israel
gnomegreen said:
thank you. would this require just a normal usb stick, as im totally new to all this. ? if so what would the picture quality be like?, and how would it work? is it hard to set up and use?,and could i also rewind and pause while i watched live tv, ? thanking u kindley, wilson.
I use USB stick 8GB with my Dreambox 7000S and the picture is superb.
Usually you need to format the stick with the receiver software. Nothing to it really.
Can't tell you much about the Technomate model so it is a risk that you would have to take.
You can order just one unit, check it out to your satisfaction and then order a second unit.
 
Top