Q: what to do with redundant dishes - is there a second-hand market for them?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I was in the cellar last weekend counting my sat dishes: well, falling over the bugger's whilst I was trying to shuffle heavy boxes around. Typically, the one with the power transformer I need was at the bottom of the stack.

Whatever, it seems I have got one dish for ever standard diameter till 120cm! The 78cm Nokia is on the roof providing half of SKY's FTV service :rolleyes:

Q: what to do with redundant dishes - is there a second-hand market for them, or should I just throw them (sic) in the bin?

Don't have a garden, so cannot exactly make a bird pond or BBQ out of any of them.

Have fun,

Mark.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
mljgmljg said:
I was in the cellar last weekend counting my sat dishes: well, falling over the bugger's whilst I was trying to shuffle heavy boxes around. Typically, the one with the power transformer I need was at the bottom of the stack.

Whatever, it seems I have got one dish for ever standard diameter till 120cm! The 78cm Nokia is on the roof providing half of SKY's FTV service :rolleyes:

Q: what to do with redundant dishes - is there a second-hand market for them, or should I just throw them (sic) in the bin?

Don't have a garden, so cannot exactly make a bird pond or BBQ out of any of them.

Have fun,

Mark.

E bay...that's where i got mine

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I might give that a go; albeit, I was listening to a podcast the other day where this guy had put a watch up on E-bay and within days he was receiving loads of watch related spam.

I am only just getting to manageable levels of spam .......

Q: E-bay is the auction site, correct? What do you reckon is a fair price for a Gibertini 125cm dish (used once for 20minutes)?

Mark.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
mljgmljg said:
I might give that a go; albeit, I was listening to a podcast the other day where this guy had put a watch up on E-bay and within days he was receiving loads of watch related spam.

I am only just getting to manageable levels of spam .......

Q: E-bay is the auction site, correct? What do you reckon is a fair price for a Gibertini 125cm dish (used once for 20minutes)?

Mark.

Regarding the spam, I don't know...but there are always the options for opening up a special account just for that and trash anything that does not belong to ebay. But this is better to be dealt with in the computer section.

Regarding prices: Whenever I want to buy or sell something on ebay I first do a bit of market research, chack out what is going on and then decide. But 1,25 m should be 100 euro or more, depending on the quality of your oictures, description, shipment possibilities etc...well worth doing thoug.

Or you could put it up for sale here in the forum for one of our continental users...

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Picked one up last month on there for £60 with T&Ks and a pole. :)

L.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Ebay is ok. been on there for years and your email addy is hidden. I never get much spam except for alot of mature content mails but I'm pretty sure its not Ebay related. More likely some sod has it in for me. With a good description and pics it will sell ok and even a few quid is beter than the tip. Out local tip recycles them.