Quad lnb on motorised dish??

DrDigiSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Setup Yet
My Location
UK
Ive just been looking at getting a meotirsed dish, with the Technomate DiSEqC H H TM-2200 motor...

I notice that you run a cable from the lnb to the motor, then from the motor to the receiver... what if I want multiple feeds from the lnb..??

I currenlty have 3 outputs from my sky dish.. 2 to sky+ and one multirroom.. I would like to keep the sky+, multiroom, and then have a feed for the TM 6900 HD receiver...

As it is the HD receiver that controls the dish movement.. how could I do this... Would I simply choose the 28.2 sat position (Astra 2) on the HD receiver, then change the tv channel to sky??

Thanks

H

hoppo1

Controlling it with the TM you will have to put it back on to 28.2 to use your SKY receivers. Better bet to put up a separate 1mtr dish with motor and leave the sky stuff as it is

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes hoppo is correct - leave 28E on its own minidish if possible and install the big dish for everything else.

DrDigiSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Setup Yet
My Location
UK
Unfortuantely that is not an option.. Its been hard enough convincing the missus to have a 1m dish on the wall, let alone having 2 dishes... The only place the dish can go is in place of the sky dish, which is about 8ft of the floor.. at least his way it still remain a bit hdden..by the neighbours and end garden walls...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Why not use a multifeed dish, then you can still have a permanent feed to your Sky boxes, but have a choice of several other satellites with instant channel change.

Perhaps something like the 90cm Wave frontier, or the Visiosat Bigsat dish.

Putting the Sky boxes on a motorised dish is a recipe for marital disharmony, with missed software updates and no signal messages on attempted scheduled recordings.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
A separate antenna of some sort is the best option for Sky receivers as they can get temperamental if you keep moving the dish about.

If you are willing to put up with the consequences, then just get another quad for the motorised dish and feed the 4th output to the TM through the motor.

What I would do is put the motorised dish alongside the minidish, and then once it is up, tell her if she wants to keep Sky, the minidish has to to stay as well. But that's me I'm a rebel.:-rofl2

DrDigiSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Setup Yet
My Location
UK
Forgot about the recordigns etc.. it would mean that any recording we have scheduled would have to have the dish pointing at the right sat.. doh!!!

I am currentlywith Virgin, and was oging to go back to sky.. but it would now make more sens to keep virgin (cable), although its a tad more expensive...

There is no way I can have 2 dishes up... Vrgin it is then.... makes life nice and simple...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Use one multifeed dish as I've mentioned above, solves all of the problems and gives you the range of channels and flexibility of Sky+ with multiroom.

teddie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm dh 6800+250 hdd usb,tevion hdd/dvd recorder,tevion upscaler hdmi dvd player,philips 42 plasma hd,.beheringer psudo surround thru hi fi ,..
My Location
ireland
forget s*y,.go for Freesat from bbc/itv,.......

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately Freesat is not in the same ball park, no twin tuner PVRs with dedicated EPGs and not even remotely close with the number of channels.

DrDigiSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Setup Yet
My Location
UK
I assume by multifeed, you meen a fixed dish with multi lnb..?? Ive already had a chat with someone about this, and I dont think I can cover the sats I want due to the close proximity of hte lnbs..

Ie got FreeSAT on my PC DVB-S tuner card, and it doesnt have naywere near the amount of channels sky has, if you discount regional variaitons of BBC/ITV etc... There are many channels you cna only get with a sky/virgin sucsription, which are mainly all the ones the missus like to watch....

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Which satellites do you want?

DrDigiSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Setup Yet
My Location
UK
The main ones, Astra 2 (28.2), Eutelsat (16), Hotbird (13), Astra 1 (19)

I think Eutelsat mucks this up, as its a tight squeexe between 13 an 19...

I may just keep Virgin and the V+, L or XL package for £26 or £31 per month...

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, those sats are do-able on one dish, not done it myself but seen a few examples of it. Narrow feedhorn LNBs are required, such as the Alps ones.

:)

DrDigiSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Setup Yet
My Location
UK
Thanks...!!

Yet another option for me to think about.!!!

I just really need to do it on a budget... however bearing in mind my annual sky/virgin subs are £600.. which would be practically non existant in following years... Im a sucker to buying decent kit htough!!

Think its time to put all my options down and see how the costs work out, oh, and more importantly, keeping the missus happy:)

H

hoppo1

Bit short sighted i think. 23.5, 5 east, 1 west and also 9 east for some feeds. Not entirely sure what you can get in the UK, Nilesat is out, but maybe 26east for the MBC and DUBAI channels is doable.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
hoppo1 said:
Nilesat is out, but maybe 26east for the MBC and DUBAI channels is doable.

Nilesat is possible on 1m, it depends whereabouts in the UK. I have most of the verticals including Showtime on my 1.1 in Kent.:)

Prodelin

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Tunisia, Prince Of Persia
Triax TD110 is not a 110cm dish.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Prodelin said:
Triax TD110 is not a 110cm dish.
:-rofl2 Pedant!

Yes you are right, never actually took a tape to it before, and its about 100cm. I want a 9% refund!!:-rofl2