Quad LNB Required, recommendations please

alexandjen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ross 65cm dish and freesat receiver (used in the weekend pikey wagon)- pc is self built (and old) 2gb ram, 3 x 80gb hard drives, 2gb Intel processer, dvd and cd burners, sony 17" monitor.
My Location
Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Hi all, can someone recommend a decent/cheapish 40mm quad lnb for Astra 2d please? TIA, John

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Smart Titanium Quads are around £25.

But you might well be able to get a £5 Sky one from eBay and get that to fit without too much difficulty - just remove any ridge lines from the collar: These beasts are nominally 40mm before one fits one of the array of adapters supplied to mate with Sky dishes. Obviously you won't need any adapters, just a Stanley Knife!

Of course, the feedhorn shape is not quite right, but in practice this should not be a problem for you

alexandjen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ross 65cm dish and freesat receiver (used in the weekend pikey wagon)- pc is self built (and old) 2gb ram, 3 x 80gb hard drives, 2gb Intel processer, dvd and cd burners, sony 17" monitor.
My Location
Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Tivù said:
Smart Titanium Quads are around £25.

But you might well be able to get a £5 Sky one from eBay and get that to fit without too much difficulty - just remove any ridge lines from the collar: These beasts are nominally 40mm before one fits one of the array of adapters supplied to mate with Sky dishes. Obviously you won't need any adapters, just a Stanley Knife!

Of course, the feedhorn shape is not quite right, but in practice this should not be a problem for you

Thanks Tivu, will have a look now :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
A bench grinder also gets the 'lumps' of quite nicely too, without any danger of slitting your fingers.