Quad Or Quatro Lnb

Alan Pee

Reaction score
Whats the difference between a quad and a quatro lnb? I want to use it for multi room viewing for different receivers. Which is better?. I tried one, its and interstar quad, I noticed after installing it that my fortec star 5100 Ulta does not get signal on some transponders that it use to get. But the Interstar and skysatr2 are ok with it. I checked the lnb settings on the receiver, adjusted and readjusted but no luck. Anybody has any ideas that could help plse?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Quad LNB has four universal outlets, in the UK, a Quattro has four outlets, but they are one vertical, one horizontal, one vertical high and one horizontal high, these are designed for a multiswitch.

The biggest problem is the common usage syndrome, whereby if enough knuckleheads call someting by the wrong name for long enough, it becomes accepted.

Alan Pee

Reaction score
rolfw said:
The Quad LNB has four universal outlets, in the UK, a Quattro has four outlets, but they are one vertical, one horizontal, one vertical high and one horizontal high, these are designed for a multiswitch.

The biggest problem is the common usage syndrome, whereby if enough knuckleheads call someting by the wrong name for long enough, it becomes accepted.
This means the quad is the ideal one for fedding different receivers and getting equal signal.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but of course there are some better than others.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Alan Pee said:
This means the quad is the ideal one for fedding different receivers and getting equal signal.

Got one on e bay the other day for £10 New for my sky receivers. Raven make works well. Got a Thompson one that would not work right at all.