Question about keys/satellites

expatjim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dont know
My Location
Tajikistan
I see there are many keys listed at various sites on the internet, showing the channel and satellite. For example:

Canal Digital NL 19,2°EAST ASTRA
Ident: 05 5F 00
Key 02: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DEC: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx

Question is: can the keys for one satellite be used on another satellite?

Also, broadly speaking, what is the most popular "hacked" satellite/channels? For example, I recently got a dish here in the central asian republic I live in, and from my casual investigation, it appears the receiver was programmed with viaccess keys that receive a French package on Hotbird.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
H there and :-Welcome1 to the board :)

Keys tend to be 'provider' specific, although some providers have several sets for different offerings. It also works the other way round sometimes where providers have the same package on two or more satellites the same keys will work for both. D plus is an example of the latter, on 19E and 30W. What size dish do you have and which reciever?, as you may not be able to get 13E (Hotbird) all the way over there.

Rgds

L.:)

expatjim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dont know
My Location
Tajikistan
Lancelot,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a 1.2m dish and the receiver is a StartSat Sr-X550D ultra.
I am assuming this is a "patched" reciever, as there is no CAM card slot.

We do get Hotbird, as that is the satellite everyone uses. Bit low on the horizon is all.

I am curious as to why we only get viaccess channels and not Nagra or any other (except FTA of course). No codes available for them?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I believe everything else on that sat is secure, so you will only get those.
You could have a look at 19E and check out the D+ package. I don't know your reciever or which patch you have but a few people are getting stuff over there ;)

L.:)

beko_tiana

Reaction score
I woud like to ask a question, what can i do with my reciver starsat 130d. I mean what coud be open with this reciver. Please help me have a good time.