question about viaccess auto update...

po0h

Reaction score
Hi I'm thinkin of bying a used viaccess reciever and use it with a season interface, the guy who sells it says it "uppdated with the new coding system" does that means that it is updated to viaccess 2? or is it something else that don't affects the season decoding?

marcoh64

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Netherlands
I expect that you are talking about an Viasat suplied Nokia receiver, please post more details if i am wrong.

Viasat have just been updating some of their receivers the theor new encryption Videoguard. It isn't a Viaccess receiver anymore, you can only use it for watching (viasat) Videogaurd channels with an official card.

PS I don't think you have any use for a season interface on a receiver like this.

po0h

Reaction score
marcoh64 said:
I expect that you are talking about an Viasat suplied Nokia receiver, please post more details if i am wrong.

Viasat have just been updating some of their receivers the theor new encryption Videoguard. It isn't a Viaccess receiver anymore, you can only use it for watching (viasat) Videogaurd channels with an official card.

PS I don't think you have any use for a season interface on a receiver like this.
yes it is an viasat supplied nokia 9802 or something, well i have a canal digital supplied reciever now that i run with a season and wce, and it looks like wce can decrypt both viaaccess and videoguard to so i suposed that it would work with a viasat supplied reciever to.
But i'm totaly new to all other systems exept conax so i maybe wrong..