Question on programming a new receiver

flame

Reaction score
I bought the Eurobox/Eurostar Euro-9700 Gold receiver from east Africa and brought it to Canada, but just found out that the satellites/ transponders programmed on the receiver are all for Asia, Middle east, Europe and east/ north Africa. Unfortunately, I can't find those satellites from North America i.e. Calgary, Canada.

My question is, can I use this receiver in North America? if so, do I need to reprogram the transponders for North American FTA satellites? can anybody tell me what to do or where to get the program.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
flame said:
I bought the Eurobox/Eurostar Euro-9700 Gold receiver from east Africa and brought it to Canada, but just found out that the satellites/ transponders programmed on the receiver are all for Asia, Middle east, Europe and east/ north Africa. Unfortunately, I can't find those satellites from North America i.e. Calgary, Canada.

My question is, can I use this receiver in North America? if so, do I need to reprogram the transponders for North American FTA satellites? can anybody tell me what to do or where to get the program.

If the satellite database in your receiver shows the satellites for your region, you can search for the TP's yourself, depending on which satellites you are able to receive.

Llew

flame

Reaction score
Llew said:
If the satellite database in your receiver shows the satellites for your region, you can search for the TP's yourself, depending on which satellites you are able to receive.

Llew

The problem is that the receiver doesn't show any of the satellites for my region. That is why I am wondering if I need to program the receiver. If so, how do I do it?

flame

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how to update the database of a receiver? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
flame said:
Can anybody tell me how to update the database of a receiver? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I've been looking round for you this morning m8, but it ain't looking good :(

I suppose the clue's is in the name of the box really: EUROstar...

All I can suggest is to do a manual scan with it and hope you get something, or to find the manufacturers website and try from there.

Sorry, but I'm stuck after that.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
If it's possible to import satcodx files to your receiver editor the problem will be easy to solve.

flame

Reaction score
steffan_st said:
If it's possible to import satcodx files to your receiver editor the problem will be easy to solve.

Where can I get these satcodx files and how do they work? :confused