Questions about this model before i buy

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
Ok im on the verge of buying this model as ive found one for a good price but i just need to ask a few things first.

i have een told i can open up these.......Premiere, C+ and D+; Cabo

what do they mean?

Also on the receiver i have now some channels say scrambled which are not apart of sky or nothing, can i get patches or something for the dreambox to unlock these or will i have to buy cards?

Im guessing i can just get hold of a code and then access the channel but could be wrong, maybe somebody can clear that 1 up for me.

I also heard channels tend to time out sometimes with the dreambox but thats probably nothing to stop it being a good box is it?

Hope somebody can clear these up and i normally use the astra, hotbird and astra 2 satellites as most people do but on the receiever i have now not all channels show and i have to add the rest mnaually.

p.s. if somebody can answer, i know its end of season but to get them arabic channels will i need an ART card or is the a way with abit of knowledge on how to access these channels without an ART.

thanks, mark

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
To make the most of a Dreambox you need a motor although this is not essential. Being good with PCs or keen to learn also helps (a lot).

There are lots of details in The Guide but a quick overview is that once it is setup with a motor you will have access to lots of satellites e.g. 13E, 19.2, 28.eE (astra) all the way to 30W (where TV Cabo is).

To "open" encrypted channels you install an emu (a cam emulator) onto the Dreambox. You then upload files know as keys to your Dreambox.

The channels that can be open varies from day to day; at the moment there is plenty open.

Football has been shown on Premiere Sport for most of this season. Not sure of the ART/ Showtime situation maybe someone else can comment.

Premiere is a package on 19.2E. D+ is Digital+ and shown on 19.2E and 30W; TV Cabo is a Portuguese packae shown on 30W. Most have the option to select English audio (when available).

Hope that gives enough info to help you make your mind up.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
sound man cheers, ill defos look into it when i get it, any other comments on everything is welcomed

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The exact situation with ART is still unclear. Its known for certain they lost the coverage for next season to Showtime 7W(difficult to get in the UK due to the size of dish required in most areas)

There have been unconfirmed reports some games have been subcontracted to ART for next season BUT theres a good chance these wont be shown on 13E but only on 7W.......

Realistically the best coverage for north west Europe is going to be DigiAlb (16E) or Premiere (19E)

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
also be aware that there can be very "dry" times where our favourite channels are unavailable using k*ys ;)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ok so 19.2 is astra yeah and i can access it with the dreambox by fiddling a few things but what satellite is 30w? also to pick all this up i only have a 39cm dish but i know i can pick astra up fine and i should be able to pick that portaguese station up on 30w also yeah?

thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well two things need answering before anyone can really respond, the first being your profile doesn't say where you are and that is necessary information in order to answer your question. Newcastle fans are all over the place just like other teams have fans all over the world or do we assume your are up that way? Oddly enough 39cm may actually be sufficient as according to this it appears to be big enough which surprises me for one. Perhaps someone else can confirm that 39cm is sufficient for Cabo. I would have thought you would get dropout in rainy weather.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yeah i live like 45minutes from newcastle and im interested in the footy of course who isnt. But you recon my 39cm might do? if so nice 1 ill check it out when my dreambox arrives and thanks for the link ill need that when programming my dreambox to find that satellite.

As you said, maybe somebody else can confirm my dish will be large enough

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
just to let people know i tried doing abit of research on what topper said, firstly nobody seems to have an exact clue, i searched google and all i get is different answers, 1 website even said i needed a 1m dish just to access astra from the uk which is rubbish because ive accessed both astras with a 39cm. Others have said i can access it with a 45cm dish also.

anyways to the point, that website you showed me seems that my dish is very borderline on whether or not i can receive signals from that satellite, 1 website i went to said that you can get it with a 60cm dish but that link you gave me seems that i can access it with a much less size than that. another website said a 50cm is big enough, so thats why i think alot of people are just guessing what size you may need.

As i say i can only give it a test and hope that it works, if all else fails ill just have to watch it on astra 19.2e as mentioned, although from what i have read you need bigger dish's to access the different astra satellites e.g. 1a, 1b etc.

if i get any result in next few days ill let people know

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The bigger the better. If you have room and don't mind a big ugly dish on your house get an 80 or 90cm dish.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
its not just that, well i thought by bedroom window faced all the satellites (west and east) but it appears it only faces the east ones, the west are above the roof and the house next door blocks the signal, so it means since our house is the back 1 in a semi detached (to where the west satellites point) ill have to either put it on the roof somehow or try and put it onto the chimney but i dont think the remote for the motor will reach that far. I originally intended on putting it on the side of my garage roof but looks like thats out the wuestion now, now unless i can somehow get a signal.

anyhow the instruction book that i got with my receiever and 35cm dish shows the hispasat in there, so i must be able to get it, by looking at it yeah it could take me a while but i might be able to get a signal if i can somebody get the dish over the roof but as i say ill need the dish outside for that.

This is turning nto a dish setup Q and A and so if i need further assistance with anything ill ask in dish and motor setup forum.

thanks for the help mhku and the others, hopefully my dreambox will arrive tomorrow (tuesday) or wednesday