Questions can help any body

NickUsaMi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satelli
My Location
USA - Mi
I hope you guys can help , and answer my questions .

What is the different between LNB & LNBF ?

Why put more than 1 LNB ?

Why some LNB’s Got 2 out lets or more ?

What is the meaning of the degree on LNB , like LNB 119, LNB 120 ,or LNB 105 ?

If you put 2 or 3 LNBs is that going to pick 2 or 3 different satellites with the same dish direction ?

Can I set motorized system with 2 receivers ?

Can I set motorized system with more than 1 LNB with multiple outlet connecter?

In Motorized dish , can I set 2 LNBs , one go through motor to DiSEqC , and the other directly to DiSEqC ,and then combine both to receiver ?

Thanks in advance , and if you have more tips to add , I’ll appreciated

Please if you answer these question , send me a quick message to tell me where are the answers . I’m new here .

Nick

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
NickUsaMi said:
I hope you guys can help , and answer my questions .

Why put more than 1 LNB ?

Why some LNB’s Got 2 out lets or more ?

What is the meaning of the degree on LNB , like LNB 119, LNB 120 ,or LNB 105 ?

If you put 2 or 3 LNBs is that going to pick 2 or 3 different satellites with the same dish direction ?

Can I set motorized system with 2 receivers ?

Can I set motorized system with more than 1 LNB with multiple outlet connecter?

In Motorized dish , can I set 2 LNBs , one go through motor to DiSEqC , and the other directly to DiSEqC ,and then combine both to receiver ?

Nick

People sometimes put more than 1 LNB on a dish in order to recieve more satellites. For example, you could have a dish pointing at Hotbird(Italian) and have a second LNB pointing at an angle to the dish in order to recieve Astra 19, (German). If you do put several LNBs on 1 dish, you can receive multiple satellites. This is best done with, Hotbird, Eutelsat W2,(romanian), eutelsat W1 (Dont know) Astra 19, and astra 28.2 (Sky), but you would need 5 LNBs on one dish.:eek:

Some LNBs have multiple ( Dual, triple or quad) outlets in order so that you can use 2,3 or 4 digiboxes off 1 dish.

i dont think you can do it with a motorized system though, other people should know that one though...

You can however set up a motorised dish with 2 digiboxes, just use a dual LNB!

On the back of most LNB´s there are ratings of sensitivity and Noise. Noiseis indicated with db (decibels) and is normally extreamly low. (inaudible). The others are measures of sensitivity.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, somebody around here will help you. they always do.