queston on Slingchatcher in conjuction with slinbox??help pls

rob70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eutelsat at 13 degree east and astra at 28.2.
My Location
uk
hi guys,
pls can anyone clear my mind regarding the following as i ll put it as simple as i can:

I understand the slincatcher allows us to watch tv on a televison at a remote location , not necessarely a PC, which is handy;
say,,,, if i set up a slingbox in UK on a home broadband connection, when I travel (to Italy, thats the other country in relation) i will need to take my Slincatcher in my Italy's home and connect it to a TV, right...., but do I also need to have broadband connection in italy in order to watch the slincatcher on a tv in italy??ro it only connect to a tv without the need of internet access?????
I mean do i need internet connection on both points??????
thanks all :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well of course you need a broadband connection at either end otherwise how will the stream reach you, perhaps you had better read this article which will help to galvanise your thoughts.
_http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/30532/SlingCatcher-Hands-on-Review/

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Also _http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingcatcher-slingplayer

rob70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
guys, when i get slingbox connected, do i configure the software on the pc in the same place where the sling box is meant to be sitting and remaining ??
or, do i configure the software on pc only once am in the location concerned outside the uk (my case italy),where i ll be meant to watch on the pc
thanks
also which uk brands does have built in freeview??
also what do u mean by 'remote location', i mean is it the location where the slingbox is meant to stay?? or the other location where I watch on pc??
thanks all

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
On the pc in italy.

Remote location - the place where you are on holiday (ie away from home)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Merged threads.

[fieldset=Moderation]rob70, please stick to the same thread rather than starting new threads on the same subject - SM[/fieldset]

rob70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
hi guys,
1)when i configure the sling box software on my pc, does it matter where i do it. i mean say an example;
if i connect the sling box in london uk with a freeview box , can i install the software on the pc directly form London (where my slingbox will stay) or do i have necessarely to configure the software on my PC from the remote location???

2): is it possible to connect my slingbox to a satellite receiver say at 28.2 astra 2d and from there stream on to my pc all the free to air channels that comes on astra 2d??
3) assuming that i got a very fast broadband connection (that meets the necessary requirements for both upload and download) at the point where the sling box sits, and at the remote location am using a pay as u go broadband connection, will i still be able to watch the streamed channels on the PC having there pay&go connection?????
thanks all

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
[fieldset=Moderation]Moved your post to existing thread started. No need to start new threads asking the same questions.
[/fieldset]

1. You can download the sling media software on any pc. I have it here also where my slingbox lives. Configure the slingbox and router on the main pc and then set up remote viewing options.

2. Yes, connect A/V cables and configure for digibox.

3. Yes as long as it's a decent connection.

rob70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
sorry , i actually watch astra 2d in the uk with just a standard digital receiver (KAON) not a digibox, can i still link the slingbox to the KAON and stream on to my pc the free channelsk,???

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
I've only ever set up for a digibox so not sure. As long as your receiver is listed then should be ok :D

mikimoocher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
want to receive english channels in lesvos greece. I have a home there and have a 60 cm dish and can pick up sky news and some others , What size dish would i need to receive bbc 1 etc..i can pick up astra
My Location
lesvos greece
Analoguesat said:
On the pc in italy.

Remote location - the place where you are on holiday (ie away from home)

can anyonetell me how to get bbc 1 2 itv etc in lesvos greece? Got a 60 cm dish that picks up sky news so far