Quick Q about Sky and phone line

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
i've finally sold my soul to the devil (Murdoch):rolleyes:, and have decided to get Sky.

jus got a short question about installation - if i was to connect an telephone extention lead to the main socket in the hall in my house, and wire this along into the lounge where the sky box will be, will the installer have a problem with putting the phone from the sky box into the extention (as i desire), or will they got all arsey and pointlessly demand that the box be directly plugged into the main socket in the hall?

an answer would be vvv much appreciated considering the ridiculous length of this post :p !!!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Salty25 said:
i've finally sold my soul to the devil (Murdoch):rolleyes:, and have decided to get Sky.

jus got a short question about installation - if i was to connect an telephone extention lead to the main socket in the hall in my house, and wire this along into the lounge where the sky box will be, will the installer have a problem with putting the phone from the sky box into the extention (as i desire), or will they got all arsey and pointlessly demand that the box be directly plugged into the main socket in the hall?

an answer would be vvv much appreciated considering the ridiculous length of this post :p !!!

Wrong section for this post. But to add it Should be ok so long as they can dial into it.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
john_graydon said:
Wrong section for this post. But to add it Should be ok so long as they can dial into it.

thanks for redirection mate :). thanks for advice, i thought that was the case, just wanted to make sure!

captainkirk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Engineers SKY+ 200
My Location
south
Yer if you can get the phone cable to the sky box before the engineer gets there it makes it a hell of alot quicker as they will have to run there own cable and they will staple it to the scerting boards.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
captainkirk said:
Yer if you can get the phone cable to the sky box before the engineer gets there it makes it a hell of alot quicker as they will have to run there own cable and they will staple it to the scerting boards.

ay captain! i thought that too.

to inform others, i've got a slimline 20m telephone extention lead from tesco, so u can bearly see it ;) which is the idea