Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Radical Hindus stormed the headquarters of an Indian television network today and damaged equipment to protest the broadcast of reports on a controversial Hindu-Muslim marriage, witnesses said. Activists from a group calling itself the Hindu Rashtriya Sena (Hindu National Army) used hammers to smash windows, computers and cameras at the Star News office in India’s commercial hub before police intervened.

“They threatened journalists and smashed our studios and cars and warned that an even larger group of activists will return to teach us a lesson if we highlight inter-religion marriages,” a spokesman for the channel said.

Police said arrests had been made. “We arrested 17 of them on the spot and we are taking legal action,” Mumbai Police Commissioner J N Jadhav told reporters.

The Muslim woman and her Hindu husband presented themselves to the channel last week saying they faced threats because of their marriage, and have appeared on several Star News programmes.

Star News is a division of Rupert Murdoch’s Hong Kong-based Star group.

(Source: AFP via Media Network)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ok thread closed as requested, but the main story stays. To stop any potential arguments Ive removed all the intermediate posts.

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
Analoguesat said:
Ok thread closed as requested, but the main story stays. To stop any potential arguments Ive removed all the intermediate posts.
As there are orthodox etrimists exist in the country in some pockets and a small piece of news can create big bloodsheds.Happy to see that the thread is closed in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.