Radio channels sounds like 28kbps

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Have noticed that the sound on the radio channels I most often listen to (JazzFM and Solar Radio) sounds like a 28kbps radio station over the internet. Haven't closely listened to any of the other channels.

The sound IS channeled directly from the Digibox (Grundig 310/2)to my stereo via the phono out.

Are the radio channels only a low bandwidth broadcast? or is the D/A converter in the Grundig simply not good enough?

Pligs76

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
I have tried both channels on a Panasonic digibox and they are very fine indeed. The receiver is not wired to the hi fi but they sound similar quality to any other radio channel. I also have a Humax (non sky box) which is wired to the hi fi and they sound excellent! I can receive the Jazz FM channel also at my location from the Croydon transmitter on 102.2 Mhz and it is not as good! It must be something with your set up I guess. Hope this helps.

Regards

David

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
The bitrate of the radio stations on Sky/Dsat is in fact better than that of most DAB radio in the UK so it should sound fairly good, certainly better than you describe it.