Rain kills signal

LTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hi guys

I'm in the uk and have a 90 solid dish pointing at 1W. signals are good, however when it rains I loose all signals on all transponders. I read on another forum where this guy put wax on his dish so the rain would slide off. another said WD40 works.. and there was this other guy who said he used a empty pot noodle container around the LNB to keep it dry during rain! Do these methods really work?? Anyone tried?

please help

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The pot noodle/Coke bottle type cover works WRT waterproofing the LNB (to an extent).

My feeling is that it's not so much the rain on the face of the dish, but what's up in the sky between you and the satellite... ;)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
LTA said:
signals are good, however when it rains I loose all signals on all transponders.

The dish may not be set up correctly if your signal is going from good signal to none when it rains.

When the weather gets better try adjusting it to get a stronger signal. Mark the position it is in just now so that you can return it if it doesn't improve.

Once the dish is optimised put a damp cloth over the LNB and adjust again to get the best signal this will emulate the rain.