rainy days

heiman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I currently have a 60cm dish connected to a digibox to watch hotbird 13.0 Channels, but everytime it rains (Even a tiny little bit)..i cant see any picture (blank)..or just distortions.
But even though it rains, my mini dish works perfectly to watch sky channels.
Can anyone give me any siggestions to overcome the problem?
do i need a better reciever or??

Heiman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The 60cm dish is probably a tad small for the hotbird satellite Heiman, at least for all weather viewing. You may need to check the alignment and LNB skew to see if it's slightly out.

Rolf

PS. What signal strength and quality readings are you getting from Hotbird?

heiman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-Mar-02 AT 09:39 AM (GMT)]Hi again,

The strength reading is still quite high (around half point) but and there is no quality shown, but even though the quality bar is not shown. There is picture when the weather is clear. (Im using a digibox by the way, would it make a difference?

what is the lnb skew. Do you think i may need a new dish?..what would u recommend?

thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Skew is the amount the LNB is is offset from the horizontal plane, this is to exactly match the polarisation of the satellite. So if you are at 0 degrees and the satellite is at 13 degrees, there will be a slight tilt as you cater for the angled view.

Rolf