Rebranding of Star News

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
That is very interesting earlier i was reading that star will leave India and now this :

Code:
The relaunch of Star News and its sister news channels in India will take place on 1 June, following the withdrawal of the News Corporation-owned Star brand from its joint venture with Media Content and Communications Services (MCCS).

The Hindi channel Star News will become ABP News, the Bengali Star Ananda will be known as ABP Ananda, and Star Majha will transform into ABP Majha in Marathi.

What MCCS calls "a massive communication campaign" will begin today (6 May) developed by advertising agency Lowe Mumbai with a media buying plan developed through Mindshare.

"We would be over the next eight weeks aggressively communicating the change, using a combination of TV, print, radio, outdoor and Internet, to all our viewers and stakeholders about our new name and logo," said Ashok Venkatramani, chief executive, MCCS.

"Our channels are managed by a fine bunch of professionals – editors, journalists, technicians who would continue to maintain the highest standards of ethical journalism. We also have a strong and professional set of people in sales, marketing and distribution who would continue to strive to ensure that value is delivered to our clients. Consistent with this fact, we have a simple communication theme – Our Stars don't change, our News does not change, only our name changes," added Venkatramani.

Read more: Rebranding of Star News set for June | News | Rapid TV News http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2012050721713/rebranding-of-star-news-set-for-june.html#ixzz1wHkES06U

Star One already left 28 east.

But when u will go to India in hotels u will see CRT or LCD tvs & @ CRT will be 99 channels on LCD just 1/3 of this. Nothing in HD even when on satellite have more than UK.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Big-Apple said:
Star One already left 28 east.

Its rebranded to Life OK as part of the Star withdrawal of their brand.

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
what bout star movies @53 east? content will be same?