Receiver I Bought In Uk Don't Work In Tanzania

afro_king

Reaction score
In 2001 I bought an echostar dsb-2110 2Ci Viaccess from UK but I cant see any FTA channels in Tanzania. A friend said that this is because in Europe satellite very near to the earth so you don't need powerful receiver. Can anyone suggest what can I do to get my receiver work here in Tanzania.
Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, that's one of the best explanations I've heard for a while. ;)

It has little to do with the closeness of the satellite, more to do with where they beam their signals, Dar es Salam in Tanzania has coordinates of Lattitude -6.800 Longitude 39.283. What you need to do is check to see which satellite footprints cover your area and see what size dish you need to receive them.

Which satellites were you watching in the UK?

Try www.lyngsat.com and click on the beam link in the right hand column of whichever channels you were watching.

afro_king

Reaction score
I was watching 19.2E in UK. Here I have GS9700S1 receiver and the strength and quality is about three times of my echostar for the same dish watching Eutel W2 here in Tanzania, may be my friend is right.