Receiver on the move

sgl904

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Residing in the Nottingham area
Hello everyone - new kid on the block - just found you as a result of bothering a Sat shop for information instead of just buying something !

My problem is that I want Sat tv when I take my caravan out either in UK or abroad - say France and Holland for starters.

I have just bought a Fortec Receiver and now I think I need a Magic Module and at least one card - am I right?

My objective is to receive UK Tv abroad and anything else I can find on Astra and Hotbird Sats. When back at home I will re connect the receiver to my tv and fixed dish to make further use here - over and above good old SKY.
Apologies if I am boring some - I promise not too hold you up on the roads next time I see you in the mirrors.

There is obviously loads of info here to swallow - I will keep reading

Steve

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, you will get more UK TV by taking your Sky receiber along with you, but certainly the Fortec with some type of universal CAM and a funcard will give you quite a bit more.