Not open for further replies.

slash95

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
My Location
West Lothian, Scotland
Hi there, i was told today that it is possible to get receiver patches that would allow me to get a satellite reveiver and make it able to recieve the ART, POLSAT and all the Sky channels...

Can someone explain how i would go about doing this please? (if it is possible)
Also, what receiver would yous recommend?

Thanks,
Slash

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can forget Sky UK - its totally secure and not available on patches of any sort.

Polsat is intermittently open as new keys are released.

Art is only available on a specific type of card, but as the card was only 20 quid less than the full subscription last time I looked its not worth having. :-rofl2

slash95

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
My Location
West Lothian, Scotland
hate to say it but, i told the guy i was told on here that it was not possible, so he invited me to his friends house and well... yeah, it is possible... all the sky, polsat, art (without card) etc... right enough, it IS possible :confused

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
slash95 said:
hate to say it but, i told the guy i was told on here that it was not possible, so he invited me to his friends house and well... yeah, it is possible... all the sky, polsat, art (without card) etc... right enough, it IS possible :confused
Sorry my friend it is not, if it was the thousands of members here would be using it, unless you are referring to something other than satellite TV. Sky satellite TV is totally secure

and before we get into a pantomime posting, you provide evidence of how it was done, it is very easy to come and boast about this but show us some proof in the form of technical details receiver make and model etc. You can watch a magician doing wonderful tricks which stretch the imagination but they are only tricks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
slash95 said:

Not with patches it isnt. Its probably done with card shares which is something completely different. Check out the dreambox section, and a few posts about the abilities of the Innovative range of receivers

slash95

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
My Location
West Lothian, Scotland
it is very easy to come and boast about this

Asking for some help is hardly boasting... and if it wasn't true, I wouldn't be spending time on the internet looking for solutions, would I?

But forget it, you dont seem to think its possible, and to be quite honest, with your comment there, I dont think i'll be back to this forum, especially not to let yous know how its done.

Anyway, thanks Analoguesat, atleast you were trying to help/give ideas, instead of pretty much calling me a liar ;)

Cya

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
slash95 said:
Asking for some help is hardly boasting.

slash95 said:
hate to say it but, i told the guy i was told on here that it was not possible, so he invited me to his friends house and well... yeah, it is possible... all the sky, polsat, art (without card) etc... right enough, it IS possible

and that is not boasting:-rofl2
slash95 said:
.. and if it wasn't true, I wouldn't be spending time on the internet looking for solutions, would I?

A subscription is the only real solution as with card sharing I suspect that particular avenue will be gone before too long. It is a subject that we prefer to mention just the basic technical details of because before long people start asking and offering things that are not allowed on this forum as per the rules if you happened to read them
slash95 said:
But forget it, you dont seem to think its possible, and to be quite honest, with your comment there, I dont think i'll be back to this forum, especially not to let yous know how its done.

I know it is not possible with a patch and I do not need to know how card sharing is done
slash95 said:
Anyway, thanks Analoguesat, atleast you were trying to help/give ideas, instead of pretty much calling me a liar ;)
Cya

I think that is your guilty conscience you made the claims not me and nowhere did I call you a liar I asked to to provide evidence that is all, which you have obviously failed to do and now are now trying to make me feel guilty for the fact that you will not return to the forum but that is entirely your choice...as a moderator of this forum my conscience is clear
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.